My family of 5

Monday, August 14, 2006

So we actually went out. Alone, no kids, just us. Before we even left the house my son decides to announce that he feels "sick". I think he was just saying that so his dad wouldn't leave because he never mentioned it again to the sitter while we were gone.

First we went to a newer restaurant that we've been meaning to check out but knew we'd have to do it with just us, as it is one of those expensive, non-kid friendly types. Anyway, I ordered the special which was haddock stuffed with lobster with linguine and lemon-garlic butter sauce. Oh it was pretty damn good and came with apple crisp for dessert. I couldn't eat all the dessert since we are trying the damn diet thing.

After we had our dinner, I of course had to call home to make sure the baby was ok and to check in on my boy. He was fine and not complaining. The baby had just finished crying her ass off. She of course had her moment where she was gonna fuss until she cried herself to sleep. The sitter said that may have only lasted about 10min. So not too bad. We can leave the house without baby and she will survive :) YAYYY for us. lol.

Then we went to the movies. I wanted to see Talledega nights but hubby wants to wait and take our son to see it. He's been bugging for the longest time to see that movie so we couldn't go there. Urgh, men. Anyway, we finally agreed on John Tucker Must Die. I didn't think I'd really like it since I figured the previews gave away most of the movie, but surprisingly enough I was still entertained throughout. I enjoyed our little outing. I of course missed the baby the entire time and couldn't wait to get home to pick her fat little face up!

We got home about midnight so I woke her up when we got home and I fed her and the little darling slept until 7:30am. :) I was pretty happy.

I watched Big Brother last night. I couldn't believe that Janelle got HOH again! Damn, I want to see someone else get it. It was pretty good. I wonder who won that new thing, I bet it was Danielle her guess was pretty good. We'll have to wait and see.

Well must get to bed, I'm freezing my butt off here, listening to my dog bark her butt off and I just want to sleep.

12 Comments:

At 12:25 AM , Blogger David said...

Your freezing your butt off and I'm sweating mine off or at least I wish I was :-) Dinner sounds like it was scrumptious! It's so hard to diet. I have absolutely no will power. Glad everything went well while you were out. I would've been a wreck if Jess thought she was sick and I was about to leave. I'm paranoid like that!

 
At 2:16 AM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

Glad you had a good anniversary date. It's nice to get out on your own ocassionally.

 
At 10:56 AM , Blogger Anita said...

Glad to hear you had a nice evening, now that you know your able to leave the baby you can try to enjoy them more often.

I agree to about Janelle, she is way to lucky it seems....lol

 
At 12:30 PM , Blogger Susan in va said...

I'm sorry...I'm having trouble getting past the "haddock stuffed with lobster with linguine and lemon-garlic butter sauce."

Is anyone else hungry?

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger Paige said...

glad you had a good night out and because of you I am starting to watch big brother.....and starting to dislike Janelle!

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I love Janelle!! Howie is getting on my nerves. I feel like everyone else is doing the work and he is just along for the ride. I want to strangle James! I do NOT like Danielle at all!!! I am hoping she doesnt win the sheep thing, but I did think her answer was pretty good! I really really really want her evicted!!!

 
At 2:41 PM , Blogger Whitney said...

Yay on getting out for your anniversary! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time! And by the way, you look adorable in your wedding photo!

 
At 4:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sounds like a fun time. It is way hard for me to leave Cam, and he almost 2 1/2!

 
At 6:42 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

So glad you got out, just you and the hubby.
I so want to see John Tucker Must Die but I never ever go to the movies. I just wait for them to come out of DVD.
Oh, one thing about Talladega (sp?) Nights..My Jazzercise instructor said she and her husband went to see it and they were this close to taking their son but decided not to and she was SO glad they didn't take him b/c it was NOT a movie she would have liked him to see. I'm not sure if the comedy was just too raw or what. I think her boy is 14. She also said she didn't like it at all. But that is all simply one opinion. Just wanted to share though.

 
At 9:59 AM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

Update: Just got an e-mail from my brother's girlfriend and she liked Talladega.

 
At 3:13 AM , Blogger Denise said...

HEY SARA I AM A LURKER BUT USED TO POST WITH YOU ON THE PREGNANCY BOARD. I AM A HUGE BB FAN. LOVE JANELLE AND HOWIE.

 
At 12:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! I'm glad you guys got a chance to get away alone. I added John Tucker to my netflix queu. And I absolutely refuse to diet while out to eat (although I SHOULD!!!) :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home