My family of 5

Wednesday, August 02, 2006



I lead a very boring life these days. Must be the lack of adult stimulation! I swear that's what it is. Well that and the fact that SIL insists on sending her kids down to play all the time, I'm not babysitting them, but they are always here. May as well say it's the same thing. I am feeling blah. I think also the fact that I haven't been going to playgroup is another reason I'm all blah. I'll have to go tomorrow and see some familiar faces :)

Yesterday we went shopping, that'll perk ya up when you're feeling down. So got the baby some new sleepers since she's now into 6-9mos clothes. Yah, my piglet is growing like a weed. She eats pretty much all day, lol, and does however sleep all night long. So I can't complain. She's almost 15lbs. She's starting to get a bit more hair and it's coming in super blonde. I think she's going to look a lot like my oldest daughter. Oh back to yesterday, I bought her an Intellitainer thingy, she LOVES it. She'll stand in it and smack the toy bar which of course is all loud and colorful and fun for baby and she'll start laughing in response to it. Too cute! I also got my friend who's having the twins her baby shower gift. I think I would have been better off getting her a gift card. I'm contemplating still doing that and returning what I got her. Or just using it myself. Because I ironically ran into her at the store and I can't keep a surprise so I showed her what I got her and she's already got all that and then some. See the cheaper things she's gonna get a ton of and I got her a diaper bag which she had on her registery but she's already got a diaper bag, just not that one. I could return it, it was $30 and then just give her a $50 gift card. I dunno, I just want her to get the best benefit of it.

We also got the kids some art kits so they were busy yesterday creating me some wonderful pictures. My son is obsessed with battery packs for cars. LOL. He would draw an army tank then point out excitedly the battery pack in it. ahaha. What a kid.

Oh the highlight of tv is Big Brother 7. Isn't it great??? I can't believe all the shit that's being stirred up by Dr. Will. I think his plan is totally working! I am beginning to think that the show is also rigged to keep ratings up. I mean come on, him and boogie should have been kicked out long ago. Can't wait to see the next episode.

Also RockStar is getting better. There are some completely talentless people on there, but I see some potential in a few of the people. I like Dilana, Toby and Ryan. We'll see who gets booted off tonight.

Well I'll leave this with some pics

11 Comments:

At 2:21 PM , Blogger Paige said...

you and your hubby make the best looking babies! she is so "all eyes". cute!

 
At 4:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute pic with both the kids. Your boy is handsome.

 
At 5:14 PM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I can't believe what an eejit Janelle was last night!

I'd probably go the gift card route myself, it's much easier these days. Although personally I like presents.

 
At 11:03 PM , Blogger Whitney said...

She reminds me so much of Evie with those cheeks! I love it!

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thought I would share my twin advice... maybe it will give you an idea... personally, I would recommend and extra diaper pail filled with the things she'll use a lot of... bottles (even if she plans to bf, she'll likely need them at some point) wipes, diapers (on average, we use 112 per week that is 16 per day!), Purell (ok, so I am a paranoid preemie mom... but two really do get into everything!), cloth diapers (for burp rags and stuff, I use at six a day! More if one's reflux is really bad) Disposable changing pads (Huggies makes them, I love them for putting over the changing stations in stores, those things are full of germs!), developmental toys (stick with shiny, light, and noisy, mirrors for the seat backs in the car...

Ok, as I am reading this, I do sound like a paranoid preemie mom... ugh...

Anyway, as advice for your friend:
Don't go out and buy two of everything, but we have found it really helpful to have two: bouncers, Bumbo seats (these are great for when they start to hold up their head!),Boppy pillows, and diaper bags (its annoying bringing them both every where, but our twins even wear two different sized diapers right now. So I keep Taylor's clothes, diapers, med records, insurance cards and other special stuff in one, and Alivya's in another), diaper pails.

We also really like our Dou Glide Graco stroller (although it is difficult to use the enormous storage underneath when both kidos are in it, but it handles really easily and does carry all of Taylor's baggage!)

We have two cribs, but we worry about Alivya getting wrapped up in Taylor's oxygen cord... if I had "normal" twins, I would probably co-bed (shh, don't tell!) We did also end up getting a second pack and play, but we use one as a changing station downstairs (it is easier than dragging Taylor and his cords up and down the stairs).

I hope this is helpful, sorry it’s so long!

 
At 4:49 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

I would just give her the diaper bag and the gift receipt. I don't use two diaper bags at one time unless the girls are going somewhere overnight, but I do love to switch up bags. I hate using the same bag all the time. I have a tiny one for quick trips, a mid size tote for restaurants or shopping, stuff like that, and a giant one for overnight trips or all day trips. Having two diaper bags is never a problem. But if you think she doesn't want another one, then just give her the gift receipt with it so that later she can excange it for something else she does want or needs. I think diapers are a fabulous gift too. Get her some size 1's or 2's. By the time you get to that stage you are ready for someone else to have given them to you :)

 
At 7:38 PM , Blogger Anita said...

you know what's a good gift if this is her first child or should I children..lol.

Walmart and zellers I think sell them they are travel kits that have thermometer nose sucker(when they have a cold) scissors etc...its about 15 dollars and a good thing for travelling...or put together a kit of all the necessary meds...oval,gripe water etc...its nice to have duplicate of all that one set to stay home at all times and one to take with you..
Glad to see you back, your kids are beautiful..

 
At 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah she is just so freaking adorable. Come over so my daughter and your daughter can play! (Okay, so it is a long way, but it would still be fun!)

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger Chastity said...

Baby Girl is cuter than ever!

I'm actually getting to the point where I'm backing Dr. Will on BB7. I can't stand behind Janelle and Kaysar when they're making such stupid decisions.

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

As always, those pics are so good!
Silly Boy can easily wear 6-9 month clothes b/c of his length. I already need to weed out his clothes that don't fit and put them away. :-(

 
At 5:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
» »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home