My family of 5

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

OUCH!!!!!


Well, yesterday I went to the beach with the hubby and children. We just relaxed in the blazing heat and I stayed on the shore with the baby.

The inlaws came over last night so instead of hauling boob out in front of them, I just fed her a 4 ounce bottle. She usually sleeps all night long too, if she's got that in her.

The heat was so damn ridiculous in my room last night, I thought I was going to die, I was getting a headache and feeling all shitty. Then, I wake up at 1am. My left boob is as big as my head, totally engorged, hard as a rock, hurting like hell. OUCH! Of course, I say screw this, wake up baby and try and get her to nurse. The pain of her latching on was equivalent to the pain I felt nursing my first child, when I had blistered, cracked, bleeding, sore, chewed off nipples. Oh it was horrible. She ate for about 10 minutes and I got absolutely NO relief. Went out and started to hand pump some milk in a bottle, got about 3 oz. Still hurt like a bitch, so took some advil and went back to bed.

Woke again at 3am. Holy hell, pain is getting soooo much worse now, again I woke up the baby and prayed so hard she'd eat a ton. Nope, nursed for like 10 minutes, back to sleep. So of course I'm laying there dying, complaining to hubby, he doesn't really care, cause he's gotta go to work in the am. I suck it up and somehow manage to sleep in this sweltering hot ass house.

5am, up again. This time boob is bigger than I ever seen it. Even worse than when my milk first came in 3 months ago. This time I'm feeling them, one is WAY hotter and check my temp, 40C. Wow, i doubt the house is that friggen hot. And I feel as though I've been hit like a dump truck! I've pretty much figured it's probably mastitis, although I'm not a Dr. but I dont' know what other symptoms they'd look for, since I feel like death is knocking on my door. So far I've been nursing her on that side, and I get no damn relief. Guess I should make an appointment to see my Dr.

:*( I can now understand what other new momma's were going through when they had experienced this. It sucks ass.

12 Comments:

At 8:34 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds horrible! I hope you get some relief soon!

 
At 8:57 AM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

That is a huge ouch. I hope it clears up quickly.

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger Karen said...

I am so sorry! I had that twice and yes, it sucks. They may give you an antibiotic.

At least we're used to the heat down here & have air conditioning. I think we'd all be dead by now without it. That's got to be miserable with no A/C.

 
At 11:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely does sound like mastitis. I sure hope that you feel better soon!!!

 
At 12:35 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

Yup, most likely mastitis. I had that four times with the first two times the worst. One time it went on for over two weeks and I had two runs of antibiotics. I hope yours goes away soon. I know that's not fun.

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

Oh my gosh. Ouch is right. Bless your heart! I'm so sorry. I hope whatever is going on stops. I also hope you get a break from the heat!

 
At 4:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow that sounds way painful!

 
At 9:15 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

oh the poor boobies... sorry they hurt... that gotta really really suck... ha ha ha... get it... anyways... I hope it gets better soon!

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

Ouch is right! ... Sorry for your pain :( I hope it gets better really soon!

 
At 12:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I STRONGLY suggest going to your Dr right away...I ended up hospitalized for 11 days with my mastitis and 10 years later am having major complications because of it! No joke!
keri

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger Sasha@Pw said...

Wow! That was an intense time! What mothers go through! Hopefully, you get some boob relief soon!

 
At 12:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Mastitis is SO FREAKING HORRIBLE!! My advice is pump/nurse as much as possible. My doctors also told me to put cabbage leaves on it, how random... but they totally work!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home