My family of 5

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Friday night hubby and I finally went on a "date" without the baby! My MIL came over to watch the children and I left the baby. That's the first time that I went out, without her. We went to the movies and saw Pirates of the Caribbean. I really liked it, but the funny thing is that I was all confused about why one of the characters wanted something, I don't want to ruin it for anyone in case someone that reads this hasn't seen it. *my goodness I babble* Anywho, the thing is that I was thinking about the baby for the first ooooohhh I'd say 1/2 hr of the movie and didn't get some of the "plot". I finally asked, "hubby, why does he want that so bad?" And he went on to explain this big thing to me, and I was like you got all that out of the movie? and his reply: "sometimes honey, I wonder if we are watching the same movie" haha. I take so long to tell any kind of stories.

So it was fun, we went to blockbuster and bought some movies too, got the Corpse Bride, Spiderman and Spiderman 2. We watched them all with the kids yesterday. They love them. We also went out to eat. I am thinking that I really have to get out more away from the baby. Some "me" time. Although I don't want to leave her, it'll be harder in the long run for sitters on both of us if I don't start it soon.

My daughter got home tonight from her trip. She bought all of us a keychain and got me a little nurse button for my crocs. How cute is she. I thought it was sweet of her to think of all of us while she was away. She also got me this thing for a zipper that says, "best mum". It's a little purple bear. Too cute. She hasn't stopped talking since she came home. haha. It's been 2 hrs of non-stop entertainment. Boy she can talk!

Oh I bought the kids these little tiny frogs on the weekend. They go in an aquarium and are the size of my fingernail. They are too cute. They are only supposed to get about two times bigger than what they are. I can deal with that. I hate big old yucky toads, but these are so tiny. Maybe I'll take a pic. I've told them that they are basically just like fish, you can't pick them up, only look at them. That has satisfied them, so they don't bug to touch them. I rather it that way for now, because I'm sure little E would have them dead from mauling them in a day.

Today we took the kids to the movies to see Cars. We figured that since it wasn't much of a beach day we'd do something with them. So off we went. My son LOVED it. He's totally into cars. They had fun. The baby was great the whole time too, she actually watched a bunch of it. Too cute.

Oh saw Big Brother tonight. I'm happy that Kaysar put up Nakomis and Diane. I don't really like Diane all that much. I was so worried he was going to nominate Will when it took forever to get his key out. I think I would strongly consider not watching it anymore if he was kicked out this early. Anyway, I think if one of them wins the veto and gets "off the block" he may put up that irritating George instead. He needs to go home to his family. lol.

I went to a wedding shower this evening. My SIL asked me to go with her, it was for a girl that was in her wedding but hasn't seen her in about 6 yrs. Anyway, I didn't know her, but said, I'll go if you want me to. So I took the girls and my SIL and off we went. We played 2 games and didn't I win both and then there was the questions who's anniversary is closest to the bride's, yah mine was and then the question who's proposal was closest to the bride's. Mine was on the same day. I was actually embarrassed since I didn't even know her and won the most presents. I didn't' even want to admit the last one but SIL knew the date and yelled it out.

Well that pretty much sums up my exciting weekend. :)

6 Comments:

At 11:38 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Glad you had a good weekend. I would imagine that you don't get much "me" time with 4 kids, but it's important! So is time with hubby--that's good you got to go out. I miss that!

 
At 11:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow sounds like a fun weekend. I can't wait until my kid is old enough to do all that fun stuff.It is hard for me to get a babysitter too, so I totally understand.
Big Brother rocked tonight. I was shocked with who Kaysar put up, because Mike and Will think he made a mistake. Oh well we shall see what happens.

 
At 12:42 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

Lots of movies! Have your kids seen Narnia or Nanny McPhee? I'm not usually one for kid's movies, but those were both really good.

You definitely need "me" time. I'd go crazy without it!

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger Anita said...

Hi there sounds like you had a really good weekend.
Glad you and your hubby got to get out alone,you need that for sure. Me time is hard to get when you have kids and I know that for a fact, Me being a single mom me time doesn't happen to much if I do get it I am usually doing errands.
My me time is when Tyler is in bed and then I am bored and lonely....lol
Great to hear your happy....send some my way...

 
At 2:42 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

It also takes me five paragraphs to tell one simple, little story.
Yay for "me" time and yay for "date" night. Good for you (and your husband)!

Also, would you send me your e-mail address to sillyhily@gmail.com please?

 
At 2:37 AM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I thought Kaysar was crazy for his choices, as if Will and Mike won't put him up right away.

I love winning presents at showers..tis the best part!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home