My family of 5

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Fiddleheads, YUCK!

This folks is what yucky fiddleheads look like.

Ok, in response to people asking what a fiddlehead is in my last post on the questionnaire, thought I'd post a pic and give you what this site has to say about them. I personally think that they are disgusting, my hubby likes them. YUCK. Just thinking of them make me sick.


"Fiddleheads emerge in their miniature dervish dancers around the first week of May. In lowland forests from the Great Lakes to the Maritimes of Canada the Ostrich Fern emerges in profusion. Tiny gray-green spirals reaching into the first really warm days of Spring. Each of them wearing their own little fur overcoat to protect them when it was chillier weather. Snapped up and eaten by whoever has the sense and taste to do it."

If you want to go wild and read more about those lovely things, go here:

http://www.wild-harvest.com/pages/fiddlehead.htm

Fur, ewww!

9 Comments:

At 4:23 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

Eww. Those look gross and sound gross. The only furry food I'll ever eat will be a peach.

 
At 4:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah those don't look good at all!

 
At 5:35 PM , Blogger Tonya said...

Ewwe fur?? No thanks!! I thought I was on the wrong blog at first ..lol Like the new look :)

 
At 6:41 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

Those look and sound pretty nasty.

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

huh. So...what do they taste like, besides just being gross?

 
At 10:46 PM , Blogger Emmakirst said...

Dirt.

 
At 1:06 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

They look sooo disgusting. Not to mention that website you linked to is mostly mushroom related.. I try to stay on an anti-fungus diet, so I don't think I'll be trying fiddleheads anytime soon..not even sure you could get them here if I did want to try.

 
At 4:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a bowl of condoms.

 
At 2:56 PM , Blogger Claudia said...

oh good Heidi, it's not just me then.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home