My family of 5

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My poor little angel had to get her needles today. When we got there the nurse took us in and did her measurements of the baby. She weighs 12lbs 6oz and is now 22 1/2 inches long. I thought she'd be longer since she seems to be outgrowing her sleepers in length too. But I suppose all that chubbiness makes them too small. Anyway, on the growth chatrs she's in the 50th percentile for length and 75th percentile for weight. Given her weight to her length she's overall in the 75th percentile. It's funny because all my other kids were over the 90th percentile range for all their visits.

After all the stats were taken it was needle time. :( She got 2 shots. The first she didn't seem to mind, that was the Pentacel shot. The second one she screamed really bad for it. That was the pneumococcal one. I think I know why it was worse is because it's a prepackaged injection, and
I remember giving patients shot that were prepacked and the needle itself is as dull asd my arse. So, makes them more painful. Ouch for my poor little girl. She didn't end up crying too long, but she had the biggest tears. :(

After that we had to run to town to rent some movies for the kids. we just finished watching Aquamarine. It was alright, definately for kids. I had to have the baby in my arms the whole time, she's pretty cranky. I think her leg is sore, she has a preference for her left side. I have been giving her baby tylenol, but it only seems to help for about 2 hrs, then wears off.

Oh, my hubby's grandmom got some great news today. I wrote about this before about how her cancer was inoperable and most likely terminal. Anyway, her CT scan showed that the tumor has shrunk from 8cm to 2.5cm. The Dr said it may actually go away after her next 2 rounds of treatments. That would be such a miracle.

I must tell you's that my pc internet connection sucks ass lately and has not been allowing me to comment on sites, not unless blogger is acting up again. Anyway, I am reading and comment when my anal pc will allow me. Oh and Hilary, I nearly peed laughing at your comment. She's once again a normal baby with her feedings every 3hrs through the night. Well, hopefully I'll be able to post like usual soon.

10 Comments:

At 10:07 PM , Blogger liz said...

What good news about your husband's grandmother.
Hopefully by now, your daughter is feeling back to herself. I know Henry bounced back pretty quickly, but we may have just been extra lucky.

 
At 12:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow good news about that tumor! Let's hope it keeps shrinking.
It is so hard when the kids have to get shots. It breaks my heart when I have to hold Cam down for his shots. At least the older he gets the fewer shots he gets.

 
At 10:12 AM , Blogger Anita said...

Hello there

Don't fret, it's not only your pc that is acting up, mine especially with blogger doesn't seem to like when I post anything but pictures forget it,ends up deleting everything I just wrote...grrr..

Congrats on your hubby's grams news my mom had lung cancer inoperable only could have radiation and it shrunk it alot to...so glad to hear that its working on her.
The hardest thing in the world is to sit by and be unable to help your child when they are sick especially with needles,hope the little on is feeling better soon.
take care

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger Tonya said...

that is awesome about your hubbys grandma.. I know miracles do happen :)

poor little girl getting her shots. It is so heartbreaking when they have to get them done.. and YAY @ her appointment.. sounds great to me!!

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Great news! You & hubby should celebrate with his grandmother. :)

I haven't had to witness the shots yet, but that's coming next week. :( I've heard it's miserable to watch them go through that.

 
At 4:41 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

HA! SillyHily strikes again.
I actually had to take my little man in for his shots today. He got 4 of them though! He weighed in at 13.5 and is already 24 inches long. I've got me a little Italian Stallion in the works over here.
Oh, and that is FABULOUS news about your hubby's grandmother! Go Grandma! Kick that cancer in the balls!

 
At 4:49 PM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

That's good news about your husband's grandmother. It seems as though you are constantly hearing about someone getting cnacer, so it's good to know that there are some good stories out there.

I hate the shots myself, and much prefer sending the father to them.

 
At 9:52 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

Our babies are now the same length, but yours weighs a little more. Lila is only in the 25th percentile for weight...still playing catch up from birth.

 
At 12:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor baby. I hope your precious baby girl is feeling better.

Olivia was pretty much the same percentile-wise!

 
At 11:46 AM , Blogger Becci said...

hope your baby girl is feeling better after the shots. ouch!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home