My family of 5

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Another Questionnaire

Totally stole this from Emma in Canada's blog.

Accent: Canadian, good ol' East Coast accent. Really you'd laugh if you heard me talking. I usually post the way I'd speak, completely guilty of using eh.

Booze: Coolers, usually vodka. I don't think I have gotten drunk in a veryyyyyyyy long time. Alcohol must be totally disguised for me to drink it, hate the taste of it.

Chore I hate: I soooo hate putting laundry away. I'll do the wash, I'll fold, put it in the basket to go down to the kids room and then it'll stay on my bedroom floor until the kids have worn all the clean clothes out of it. Ridiculous. I just really hate putting them away. I don't really mind anything else.

Dogs/Cats: One dog, Mia.

Essential electronics: My computer and my DVD player. Since my VCR is broken, need to have something to watch movies on.

Favourite perfume: I don't particularly like anything. I don't wear it. As a nurse, the hospital policy Scent Free Zone, you just get used to never wearing anything. But men's cologne I LOVE Drakkar Noir. I don't if I spelled that right, but I'm sure you get my point.

Gold/Silver: Right now, I have my gold wedding band, and engagement ring on, and my X ring. Also have a pair of gold hoops in my ears.

Hometown: The closest I'll tell is it's in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Insomnia: Not a friggen chance, I could sleep alllll day and all night I'm sure if given the chance but yah know, baby loves to disrupt that these days :)

Job title: Off on maternity leave right now, but I'm a Registered Nurse and MOM!

Kids: R 10, E 6, Little E 5, and A 2 mos, 3wks.

Living arrangements: With my hubby, kids and dog, in the woods in a 3 bedroom home. Totally need to build a new house, the baby's crib is right next to my bed. Can't stay like that much longer than a year.

Most admired trait: I don't think I have one.

Number of sexual partners: 4.

Overnight Hospital Stays: 7....Severely sick during 1st pregnancy had to go on IV fluids for a few days, baby, baby again, gallbladder attack during pregnancy, baby, pancreatitis in for a week~!, then baby.

Phobia: bugs that bite. I really hate them. I suppose I have a fear of heights too.

Quote: Too tired to think of one.

Religion: Baptist.

Siblings: Just one brother, J, 3 yrs older than I am.

Time I usually wake up: About 7, or earlier if the baby has me up for the day at an earlier time than that. But for the kids to get ready for school I have to start getting them ready at 7am. But hell, SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!

Unusual talent: I don't believe I have one.

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Hmmm, I hate cauliflower. It's nasty. I don't really care for fiddleheads they are just gross.

Worst habit: I bite my nails and crack my fingers, toes, knees and neck. Yah, I'm screwed I'll be all crippled up in about 10 years.

X-rays: Wrist to see about arthritis, upper GI series and Small Bowel Follow Through for my Crohn's. Really great tests. Yummmmy Barium, UGH, I gag right now thinking of it that chalky yuck. EWWWWW.

Yummy foods I make: Manicotti, and my BBQ ribs are pretty damn good too.

Zodiac sign: Cancer.

That's it!

9 Comments:

At 12:31 AM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

That was a fun one. I'm very nosy and love insights into people's lives. Rather sad I suppose!

 
At 1:40 AM , Blogger Chastity said...

First of all, what the heck is a fiddlehead????

Also, I'm glad to hear of a hospital that has a scent free zone. My only complaint about my hospital stay when having the baby was that one of my night nurses wore very strong perfume...it smelled OK, but my baby smelled like her the next day...it kind of grossed me out.

 
At 12:21 PM , Blogger Karen said...

I was wondering what a fiddlehead is, too. ??? I love reading those things!

 
At 6:37 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

You have a dog named Mia? That's my daughter's name.
And hello...most admired trait...being a good mom to four kids is pretty admirable in my book!
And seriously, how long do you freakin' Canadians get for maternity leave?

 
At 5:43 PM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I had never heard of fiddleheads either. They are gross looking. Hilary, we get a year, or rather 50 weeks paid and 2 unpaid.

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger Emmakirst said...

I was off on sick leave prior to my maternity leave starting so, I've been off work since January 9th, 2006 and don't go back (that's if i want to stay off) until April 6th 2007.

 
At 12:08 AM , Blogger liz said...

i also had a big, bad gallbladder attack during my pregnancy. i nearly lost the baby...:-( but i'm happy to say henry is here and healthy, and i've not had more than 20 grams of fat in a day for 8 months....

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

Are you freaking kidding me!!!??? (cue trying to pick jaw up off the floor)
That does it, screw the US, I'm moving to Canada.

 
At 11:40 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

I had to laugh at your frequent use of eh. My uncle, aunt, and cousins are all like that. One of my cousins has been here in the states for quite a few years, but he still has a thick accent!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home