My family of 5

Thursday, June 22, 2006

First of all I'd like to say thank you to everyone's response to my last post. The advice given was great.



Yesterday was my little E's 5th birthday. She had a party here at the house. Hubby went out and bought some patio furniture so we were able to go outside and have the supper and cake out there in the gazebo. It's absolutely beautiful. Little E got some new clothes, as well as her sisters and brother. We went on a mad shopping spree yesterday, the clothes were all 1/2 price at one of my favorite stores so I couldn't resist getting such cute summer outfits for all of them. :) We then went to another store and she picked out a polly pocket play house and polly pocket DVD. Overall she had a great day.


It was basically a family party. Anyway SIL was down with her kids as well as MIL and FIL. Well we had hot dogs and hamburgers that we put on the BBQ. Now, I've blogged about this before, my "disgust" of bugs. They were absolutely horrific last evening, so I said, hubby go out there and cook supper for your guests. SIL offered to do it. So I fired up the BBQ and got the stuff out and then she went out to put it on the BBQ. Halfway through cooking she went out to flip them, opened the BBQ lid and did her stuff, then grabbed the actual LID to close the BBQ and burned her hand! She starts yelling, why would you buy a cheap BBQ like that, and just kept ranting about our BBQ. Fellow bloggers you'll be happy to know I had a comeback! My reply:

"well I'm sorry dear, but we all can't go out and buy $500 grill master chef BBQ's like you, you know" Some of us just can't afford it!

She was all like, I was just joking you know, all I said, was yah right, I'm sure you were. I think from the sarcastic tone of my voice she got the hint.

That's it for that topic, now on to baby. She started grabbing at the toys on her toy bar now, it's too cute. She loves to coo at them too. That's about the only new thing that she's doing now.



Oh last night the viewer's choice for big brother allstars was on! Wooo hooo, the little things that excite me in life now, it's just pathetic. I have to admit though, that's one of the shows I look forward to watching. I dunno why, just addictive I guess. I really hope they vote Will back in the house, he's absolutely nuts and doesn't give a hoot what others think of him. He's a roar. Anyway, I think I've rambled enough for now.

12 Comments:

At 2:20 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

Oh my gosh, I am a HUGE Big Brother Fan. Like I look forward to it all year. How sad is that? I have watched all 6 seasons and was so fired up last night that I made William take care of both sick babies alone, so I could watch it in peace in my room with my tivo to pause it and rewind it as needed. I know I'm a dork, but I like me that way :)

Glad you had a nice party and that you were prepared for SIL's comments :) Good for you!

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I can't get over how gobsmackingly beautiful your kids are.

I love Big Brother and I'll be voting for Kaysar...he's my all time favourite. Some sexy, he is.

 
At 3:30 PM , Blogger David said...

Good for you for not keeping your mouth shut this time! I love Big Brother, too! I got together with my neighbor to watch at his house. It was so nice to just sit on the couch and watch tv. I never get to do that!

 
At 4:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Happy Birthday to E! I love your comment you made to your SIL.
We love watching Big Brother too. We can't wait to see who is going to be on it.

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger Paige said...

good for you sister!

 
At 6:01 PM , Blogger betsy said...

im glad to find another big brother lover like me!

 
At 6:25 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

Your girls, all of them, are so beautiful!
I only watched Big Brother for a couple of seasons so I wouldn't be up to par with the All Stars.

 
At 6:58 PM , Blogger Tonya said...

Your kids are gorgeous and Im so glad you had a comeback for her and the BBQ remark!! Looks like E had a great birthday.. Happy Birthday!!

 
At 9:02 PM , Blogger Karen said...

I know everyone keeps saying this, but your kids are too cute! I'm not into reality TV so I can't comment on that, but good for you for standing up to SIL!

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

What a cute cake. why didn't they have stuff like that when I was little?

Good job on the SIL thing. Maybe she'll get the hint...eventually.

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger liz said...

happy birthday to e!

and you? you have much MUCH more patience than i. likely, i would've smacked the crap out of you s-i-l.

if she doesn't like your grill, she can host the party.

 
At 12:18 AM , Blogger Chastity said...

I'm a Big Brother ADDICT!! It's by far my favorite reality show...and I watch them all. I've got five in mind...I voted for Howie, Janelle, Kaiser, Marcellas, and Will. If Ivette or Allison end up on there I will DIE!!!!!

Happy Birthday to your little girl with the pretties eyes EVER!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home