My family of 5

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Holy Hot!

Ok, I can't get over how hot as hell it is out these days. It's more the humidity then anything. I really hope we get a thunderstorm soon and get rid of this humid weather.

I've been taking the kids to the beach the last few days, they just love it there. What kid wouldn't?? It's still pretty damn cold for them to get in the water, but they sure try hard to convince me to let them in.

Poor little E has a Terrible cough. She's up half the night barking with it. She doesn't sound congested or anything, and no wheezing, so I'm thinking maybe post-nasal drip irritation. Who knows, just started though last night, so I'll keep an eye on it.

Tomorrow is Grading Day for the kids. They are soooo happy, first, that school is finally out for the summer and second, that they get a present for grading :) We'll take them out to buy something tomorrow after they get their report cards. My son got his journal back from school this year and oh there were some entries that I couldn't stop laughing at. He's in grade primary and one of the things the teacher does is to get them to draw a picture in the journal then to try and spell what it is they drew. Then she'll write underneath it for us to see how close he was to what he was trying to spell. Anyway, you get to see the progression over the year. Well one entry made me crack up laughing, it said, "If a bully chases you and puts you upside down and steals your lunch money you should tell someone" Another thing was "goats have fleas". hahahaha. The teacher told me how it's just random things that the kids will put in their journal. I thought both of them were pretty cute. hehe.

Anyway, must go to bed, lately I've been getting some horrible headaches, I'm assuming it's due to the weather. Urgh. So of course, I have yet another one, so must try and sleep it off.

6 Comments:

At 11:06 PM , Blogger David said...

Jess had a cough and didn't want to eat but wasn't running a fever. Took her to the doc and she said it was croup so they gave her a steroid, i think, to help open her throat. Croup has something to do with your voice box. Maybe that's what's up with Little E.

 
At 12:48 AM , Blogger DarrellH said...

Have fun at the beach!!! Did you see Jen's beach photo of Brendan swimming in the ocean?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrellh/174583560/

Maybe I'm biased, but he's so darn cute!

I hope your kids and you get to continue enjoying the beach!!!

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

Note to self: Don't EVER invite Emmakirsten to visit, esp in the summer, b/c she will NOT survive. :-)
I bet reading that journal was absolutely hilarious.

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Kids are so funny--the journal is the type of thing you should save and show to him when he's older. My mom saved some of my school stuff like that from when I was little and showed it to me just last month! Too funny.

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger Becci said...

The beach sounds lovely... we have had some hot weather lately too, and it's no fun unless you can get out and cool off a bit.

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger Tonya said...

Sounds like fun at the beach :) Im sorry to hear you have been getting headaches emma.. I get them alot myself. Kids are too funny!! lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home