My family of 5

Saturday, August 05, 2006


My baby is 4 months old tomorrow. This time last year I was breaking the news to hubby about our impending arrival. Since she was our surprise, he was VERY shocked, needless to say. But it only took him a few days to realize that she would bring about good change and we couldn't have been happier. It was just the timing sucked. I just started a full time job, actually just bought a new van and new motorbike. We were thinking about building a new house. Well scrap that idea! hehe. Anyway, looking at my monkey now, I couldn't imagine life without her.


Lets see what else is going on. We went looking at houseplans yesterday. There's this house I realllllllllllly want to build. It's a gorgeous 2 storey house with 4 bedrooms. Oh it's wonderful to dream about it. I'm sure it'll take us forever to agree on anything so it's time to start looking now, because hopefully by next spring we'll be a building.

Big brother is getting better all the time. I can't wait until tomorrow night to find out who got HOH. I hope it's who I'm rooting for ;)

We went to visit my hubby's grandmother yesterday, the one I posted about who has/had cancer. Anyway, they said that her last scan showed that it's pretty much gone. What a miracle! I can't believe it, she just had her last round of chemo a week ago so hopefully after the next scan it'll show that she doesn't need anymore treatment. She feels pretty good now too, she'll probably need a blood transfusion but hopefully won't need to be hospitalized for being so sick like she had to a few treatments ago.

I think our summer heat wave is completely over. It's actually pretty chilly now, well it's like 19 degrees out but compared to the 30 something weather we did have it's quite a change. I could care less if I ever went to the beach again with this weather. I'm wearing jeans with a little sweater coat now, haha. Crazy weather here, you never know what it'll be like.

I'm cooking a turkey right now as I type, since the weather has cooled off. Can't wait! I love a good ol' turkey dinner. That's about as exciting as my life gets right about now, hope everyone has a great weekend. :)

Here's some serious playtime pics in her new toy. LOL.

12 Comments:

At 11:19 AM , Blogger Paige said...

oh those arms! I love the pic at the bottom, it looks like big sister is contemplating something about little sister. too funny!

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Those pics are so cute. Your kids are just too gorgeous.

I'm jealous that you can wear jeans and a sweater. It's so flippin hot here, it's miserable.

 
At 4:40 PM , Blogger Karen said...

She is sooooooo cute! I'm jealous too about the jeans & sweater! Sometimes by November we can start expecting cooler weather. :)

 
At 7:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute pics. that toy looks way fun! I can't believe how fast she's growing up!

 
At 8:53 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

I cheated and looked to see who won head of household....and I accidentally saw who was nominated for eviction...gah...that's what I get for cheating.

 
At 12:35 PM , Blogger Avorie said...

Oh! So cute!

 
At 4:32 PM , Blogger Tonya said...

Those pics are adorable!! Love them.. she gets cuter everytime.. Glad to hear the heatwave is over.. man it is tough to do anything when its so hot!

 
At 9:45 AM , Blogger Anita said...

mmmm turkey sounds so good....I agree the weather has changed we have been getting cooler nights that have been great for sleeping and cooler days....

I love the last picture looks like sisters in a deep conversation it is so cute...

Hope you have a great day and congrats on 4 months baby...it just gets better from here now...so much to look forward to

 
At 12:06 PM , Blogger liz said...

thank god the heat has cracked--i thought i was going to die.
adorable pictures...
...and now I'm hungry for turkey! hope it was delish!

 
At 2:30 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

Good to hear hubby's grandmother seems to be doing well.
Good to hear the heat has left you (lucky dog).
Your older daughter's eyes are so freakin' beautiful.
As for baby daughter, GAH! Those arms, those cheeks....I swear I'm going to gobble her up. (Get it? Turkey..gobble...HA!)

 
At 2:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've been wanting one of those. She looks so happy! I think we need to get one!

Can't believe it's been 4 months. She gets cuter and cuter!

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger Susan in va said...

What Silly Hily said: Ditto.
Both of them have BEAUTIFUL eyes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home