My family of 5

Monday, December 10, 2007

Many have asked how I'm feeling, well to be honest, not that great. Well physically I feel wonderful, it's as though I never just gave birth 9 days ago, no pain, nothing, even (tmi, that wonderful flow is gone). But seems I have been afflicted with the good ol' baby blues. After I had my son I ended up with them 8 yrs ago almost, must be a boy thing, because I have it again. I ended up with postpartum depression after him, but nothing too serious. I guess one of the things that gets me down is that we are through, no more children, I am finding it so hard to let go of the fact that we'll never have another one, I'll never be pregnant again, I know it's crazy, 5 kids hello, that's enough, but it's still sad. To talk to my hubby, shit he can't understand why I cry and get upset. Men! I think that the closer my appointment gets for my tubal the more upset I get, but this is what has to be done, we can't have anymore. :(

Other than that little babble, everyone is adjusting well to the baby. Ava still thinks he's her toy, she calls him Noley, it's pretty cute. Speaking of Noley, the little one doesn't know how enjoyable it is to sleep at night! He's up about 3-4 times a night, ugh, little turkey. Anyway, that's it for now, don't have much else to post about, trying to get in the mood for Christmas, but I'm just not into it this year. I hope this mood lets up and I start enjoying things more. :(

Oh the house, the basement is getting poured tomorrow so that's promising. Can't wait to see some of it going up, maybe that will get me in a better mood.

5 Comments:

At 7:03 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

Hang in there hun... things will get better and before you know it you will be in your new house looking back at all of this and laughing at it all!! BTW... why not get the hubby fixed... and leave you be lol...

 
At 3:34 AM , Blogger Denise said...

I knowjust how you feel. I had the baby blues with each of my four kids. It got worse each time. I also know the sadness from not having any more. I cant belive my baby is already 18 months. So sad. My hubby wont even offer to go get fixed, so nothing has been done yet.

 
At 10:52 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

I'm so sorry about the blues, I think it would make it so much more difficult knowing that was going to be my last baby - that's a huge milestone in life!

I'm glad Ava is enjoying her little brother so much & hurrah for the basement getting poured!

 
At 10:27 PM , Blogger Lisanne said...

I know *exactly* how you feel. Believe me, I do. After Lucas was born, I felt *so* sad that the whole pregnancy, labor, and delivery experience was over. Sounds crazy, right? I envied first-time moms-to-be ~ all of the excitement that was in store for them. We knew that we wanted to have another child. Right now, we've talked about having a third but we just don't know. Two could be it for us, and I don't know whether I've come to terms with that yet. There's something about pregnancy and childbirth that is like a drug, LOL! :) The feelings are just *so* amazing. If you want to talk with me, please do. I hope that it gets better for you.

 
At 4:39 PM , Blogger my4kids said...

I had a mean case of the baby blues after Madison. Similar thing knowing she was my last. I had a tubal when she was born since I had a c-section and regret it now though. I always tell people not to do it when you have the baby even if it's "easier" it's just not the right time.
Hope you feel better soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home