My family of 5

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Well I finally made a decision as to when to go back to work. I got a new job on an orthopedic floor and when the unit manager called to tell me I had the job she mentioned how I am off on maternity leave got the job to fill in for someone that just went off on maternity leave. haha. Anyway, I said I'd go back sometime in January, since that's when I have to start re-paying those hateful student loans back. Hubby is going to take the rest of the parental leave off to stay home with the baby. I realize how fortunate we are to have such a long time off with our children after reading other people's blogs, so I am EXTREMELY lucky I was/am able to stay home for as long as I did with her.

I mentioned before how I have 2 jobs. One at the hospital and one at a nursing home. Anyway, when I handed in my sick slip I told the staffing lady that I wouldn't be back until after I had the baby. She's all like when do you think and I said October. Our original plan was that hubby and I would share the parental leave but hell I like staying home so he's getting a little less. Anyway, the crazy staffing lady calls me up Wednesday saying she's got me booked in to work Oct. 5th, 8th, 12th and then I'm like, HOLD IT, my availability totally depends on hubby's schedule. I can only work when he's off. AND I can only take one shift and see how bad it dings my EI, because if I make too much it's not really worth working. So I am booked in for Oct. 3rd night shift. Oh how I love the nights. Have I mentioned before how I LOATHE them! Anyway, we'll see how it goes, there are probably a bunch of new residents since I was last there.

Tuesday we took the baby to get her pics taken. They turned out sooo cute! I'll post some when I get them back in another 2 wks. I couldn't be bothered to pay an extra 20 dollars for the cd rom of the pics, so I opted to just wait it out. They were expensive enough. After we got the pics done we took the kids school shopping for supplies and bookbags and all that fun stuff. Little E starts school this year, she was super excited to get her supplies. It's too cute seeing her pick out all her things. Of course we got the mandatory things on the list.

SIL did it again, managed to piss me off royaly. I had said last year before I bought the van how I'd like a 4 wheel drive SUV, 7 passenger. Well guess who's getting one? BITCH! I have to say it's very nerve wracking living so close to the in-laws. And she's such a ditz, like we all know she's super horny to get pregnant, since I just had a baby, and for someone that doesn't want people to know, she's dropping far too many hints. So I'm not a genious, but I suspect that she'll anounce her new coming arrival fairly soon. Ugh. She has her kid in hockey and she's been bugging my son, NOT ME, MY SON, she keeps asking my 6 yr old son, to go into hockey. Now, the whole prospect of me lugging a 6 month old baby, along with her 5 and 10 yr old sisters and then getting all that hateful gear on, not to mention skates in a cold ass rink does not appeal to me whatsoever! The boy is quite content in not being in that sport, but bitch face has to go to the source and try and convince him to take it. See what she'd expect me to do is take her hyperactive kid there too, along with my 6 mos old, 5 and 10 yr old. So here we go again. I need to find a tactful way to say, leave me the hell alone. If anyone has any advice, lol.

I went off my prednisone last week and ever since then have had a nasty rash on my hips, neck, arms and legs. I think I may go back on it to see what will happen. Never a dull moment in my life. lol.

14 Comments:

At 1:09 PM , Blogger David said...

Recently you mentioned that you've learned to keep your mouth shut around SIL. I think that's a good idea. It aggravates me too whenever you mention something you want to someone and they go out and get it just to spite you. Kind of like her wanting a baby since you just had one. Your SIL is so obnoxious. Not that you need to be told!

 
At 1:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

SIL sounds very annoying!

I'm glad you are able to be off with your kids for so long. It's the best thing for them. :-)

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger Susan in va said...

Yeah, I've got friends with the super-shiny-new-7-passenger-SUVs. And they're always complaining about how much they have to spend on gas a month. It is much wiser to take the money you would have spent on a gas-guzzling-depreciating-SUV and save it for a big-stinkin-new-house. It's a MUCH better investment.

So, you just remember that the next time your SIL (*green-eyed-monster*) drives by in her SUV!

(I'll stop lecturing now.)

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger Tonya said...

urggg @ SIL!

Its great that you were able to be home with them :)

 
At 12:42 AM , Blogger Pioneer Woman said...

Hope your rash is better! Yeah, just imagine your SIL's gas bill and you'll smile, smile, smile!!!

 
At 12:46 AM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

Ach work! I dread the thought. Though now that my student loan is paid I might see what EI offers for upgrading.

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

OMG... make your SIL some exlax brownies... and then sit back and laugh lol... I would just tell her off and wash your hands of her... and I would tell her not to talk to your son about sports, too... what a crazy nut job! But that sucks you have to go back to work so soon... but I hope the rash and stuff gets better soon!

 
At 9:29 PM , Blogger Paige said...

sorry about SIL.

how fun going school shopping! can't wait to see the pics of the babe!

 
At 11:23 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

You do much better than I would if I lived that close to my in-laws. Hang in there :).

 
At 10:41 AM , Blogger Anita said...

Hi there can't wait to see those pictures of that beautiful angel you have there...gotta love getting pictures done..

I salut you for being strong when it comes to your sil..she sounds like a real winner...

Find a card explaining how she is and how she aggravates people and put it in her mail don't sign it or anything...then sit back and watch with a smile on your face...lol

Sorry...lol...just be polite but that's it and then she might get the hint but I agree I would tell her not to suggest sports to your son because if you can't do it he will be upset..

Good luck..

 
At 10:45 AM , Blogger Heather W. said...

Wow, you did get alot of time off! I am a sahm, and I would love to get a little part time job to keep my sanity!

I enjoyed reading your blog!!

One day yo'll have to email me, and tell me just how hard (or easy) it is with 4 kids :o).
~Heather

 
At 4:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, what a lovely SIL. I don't think I could handle her as well as you do. I would probably tell her to get the hell out of my life! But that is just me.... HA HA HA

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

I took my kids to get their pics made last weekend. Can't wait to see yours!
Don't hate me for saying this but take what your SIL does as a compliment. I think she is very jealous of you and that is why she acts like she does.
Oh, and make up something about how yall don't have enough money now with the new baby for hockey and you would appreciate it if she'd just drop it so your son doesn't get his feelings hurt.

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger Emmakirst said...

Honestly, with my student loans I really don't have the cash for it, so it'll just be the truth, and my hubby says the same thing about her being jealous, that I should take it as a compliment, although it erks me. I am one of those people who just bites their tongues and keeps to themselves and then lets loose on hubby and anyone who'll listen (ie. Blog!) hehe.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home