My family of 5

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Well I had the interview yesterday.

When I got in there, the man gave me a copy of the questions, did a basic rundown of what type of jobs are available and told me basically don't count on getting full-time work just yet. Most of the casual staff have other jobs, but at least this is "your foot in the door". So I took the questions and was left alone to write what I wanted down for about 20 minutes before the "interview" took place. Holy shit, I froze when I saw the first 2 questions. Of course, I did what I used to do when I was in school and looked at all 6 of them and said, omg, i can't answer any of these. For a brief minute I felt like getting up and running as fast as I could from that place. My mind seriously went blank. It was more like a test to be honest, he wanted me to define two things for the first 2 questions. Ack. Anyway, I made up some kind of BS and relaxed enough to think clearly to write up the other 4.

Into the interview I went. I said, ummm, I'm seriously nervous and I think I had a brain freeze. I don't know how well I'm going to answer these but here goes. He just kind of laughed and said, don't worry about it, you get 2nd chances here anyway. I kind of think that I did ok on it, I definately gave some of what he wanted but did I give him all the info, enough to score a pass, who knows. There were 2 people doing the interviewing too. He asked me when he could get a hold of me because of my wonderful shift work, and I said one day this upcoming week. So there it is, over and done with. A huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Hopefully I'll get it. But it won't be the end of my world since I do have a full time job now anyway. Oh to answer your question Shannon it's in Orthopedics, but I also work in a nursing home too, when I'm off from the hospital. Only until hubby goes back to work then I won't do that anymore.

Anyway, baby took 2 steps today. She's into everything and can't wait to take off. I wish I had her used to a playpen because I can't keep up with her! Well must go and bake cookies with the kiddies.

12 Comments:

At 1:24 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

I need you to give me lessons on how to successfully juggle kids, work, husband, babysitters...so that I can have some time to make cookies :).

 
At 5:05 PM , Blogger Merr said...

Good luck on the job! MMMMMMMM cookies sound good right now.

 
At 10:36 PM , Blogger Denise said...

Yeah good luck on the job. I hate baking so my hat is off to you.

 
At 1:13 AM , Blogger alissa said...

To echo everyone else... GOOD LUCK!!!

I can't believe your baby is already WALKING!

Fantastic!!

(and please... post more pics!)

 
At 2:22 AM , Blogger MSU gal said...

best wishes for that job and you know once they start walking you start running!

 
At 12:09 PM , Blogger Whitney said...

I am a terrible interviewer. Or interview-ee. Whatever I'm trying to say. Anyways, you sounded like you did fine. Hope you get the job!

 
At 4:02 PM , Blogger liz said...

please some cookies our way! :-)

i can't believe baby girl took 2 steps! how exciting. and terrifying! we think henry's getting ready to move on his own: he's experimenting with letting go of the couch or the table and then just looking at us like "woah!"

good luck with the job!

 
At 4:39 PM , Blogger Josefina said...

Good luck with the job!!! will keep my fingers crossed!!

 
At 10:54 PM , Blogger courtney said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I echo Chas's comment....how in the world do you have time for 4 kids, house, husband, job, cookies, AND BLOGGING?!? Also, I can't believe your baby is already walking either. Mine is the exact same age is yours and just started crawling THIS WEEK. Granted, she just got tubes last week and I swear her equilibrium must have been off b/c as soon as she got tubes she was crawling everywhere!

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger Claudia said...

Wow! Walking already? Make sure you keep the camera handy!

Good luck on the job!

 
At 1:20 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

Good Luck!!!!!

 
At 7:14 AM , Blogger Tonya said...

good luck with the job Emma :) I hope you get it!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home