My family of 5

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Almost 1 Week Old Already

Well, to think, one week ago I was sitting here impatiently anticipating the induction for the next day. So excited that I'd finally be meeting her. And already it's been a week!~ I can't get over how fast the time goes.

The first night was long, I couldn't sleep at all at the hospital. There were at least 20 babies there and that's about all I could hear at different times throughout the night. The nurses took her to the desk and brought her in when only when she had to be fed, to try and help me get some sleep but that was a flop. Anyway, I just started to fall asleep, all these thoughts were racing through my head about the whole experience, the baby's face so blue and everything, just as I started to doze, a code blue was announced through the hospital at like 2am. I jumped up and it scared the crap out of me, of course I was all in a panic that it had something to do with the baby. After that I pretty much didn't sleep at all.

In the morning about 10am, my hubby came in with our 2nd youngest daughter to visit. She was so amazed with her. She came over to touch her hands and marveled about how small she was. It was too cute when the baby started to cry my daughter was very concerned and tried to make sure the baby was alright. Then when she saw me nurse the baby, that was pretty funny, her eyes were big as saucers!

Since the other children were at school hubby had to go home to get them to take them in for a visit. My son was pretty funny the questions and comments he would make about his new sister. First of all he said, "she's a lovely baby". lol. He's only 6. Then he asked where her teeth were and when I had mentioned that I had to feed her he said, where's is the milk ma?? lol. They were all pretty much surprised at how I feed her, although they've been told before. I guess just seeing "mom" do that was surprising for them. My oldest daughter is a good help, she's pretty happy that she can hold her without a pillow under the baby and that she can pretty much do it on her own now (she's 10).

Day 4: Monday morning I had to take baby in for a mom/baby checkup. She did great, when we left the hospital she weighed in at 7lb 3/4oz when I took her in 2 days later she weighed in at 7lb 3oz. My milk came in that day with a vengeance too. Also when I was getting ready before I got in the shower I looked in the mirror and saw the ENORMOSITY of my breasts, I know TMI! lol. Anyway, I came in to show hubby and asked if he ever wondered what it would look like for me to get implants, wonder no more! At least now the pain is starting to subside. I didn't remember it being like this last time I nursed a baby. She's been doing really well nursing too. Every 3 hrs and she's pretty content in between feeds. Oh and her umbilical cord came off through the night too, so she had her first bath today :)

I also think I have a touch of the baby blues, I am so darn emotional these days, I find myself crying at every little thing. I find I cry the most when I think of this being my last child. I know that this is crazy to even think of having another one, but I just get sad at the thoughts. Damn hormones.

So that is pretty much what's been going on here. I love having our new baby and the children are settling in fine with her.


5 Comments:

At 9:17 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

It's good to hear that things have gone so well for your family. The baby blues...it's a funny thing. I thought I had more control of my emotions than I actually do right now. I hate that part of it.

 
At 10:24 PM , Blogger Paige said...

I am glad everyone is doing so well and I sorry to hear you have a bit of the baby blues...thanks for coming over and giving me good thoughts, they mean alot. Oh, by the way, she is beautiful.

 
At 11:11 PM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

Glad to hear you are doing so great. The older ones seem to have taken to her very well. Always nice! I had the blues with my son, thinking that he would be my last. And here we are now with a third and a fourth on the way!

 
At 11:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm crying at everything too. Just like Chas said, I thought I had more control over emotions and it's frustrating that I don't. Makes me cry to think about it! :)

 
At 11:14 AM , Blogger Karen said...

Sounds like there's no escaping the baby blues. I'm glad you're doing so well though! Everyone is healthy so that's a blessing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home