My family of 5

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

My weekend was pretty much uneventful as all the other weekends I have been having for the last few months. LOL.

Yesterday I got a really big surprise. We had filed our taxes about 2 weeks ago, so we were expecting to get our checks soon, so we finally got them in the mail yesterday. I wasn't in a hurry to open them because we already knew what our return was estimated as. So when I got home, I finally opened them up, my hubby's first and he got exactly what he was supposed to get. When I opened mine, I got 3 times as much as I was supposed to get! Hubby was all like, it's a mistake. blah blah. So I read the breakdown of it, apparently there was a mathematical error when filing it, due to all my tuition that wasn't claimed. I had approximately 35,000 in tuition that wasn't being claimed so god love revenue Canada they did it for me. LOL. So I got back pretty much all that I paid in last year. YAYYYYY~ It definitely made my day.

Other than that nothing new here. I have an OB appointment tomorrow. We'll see how that goes, my OB is finally back. Hope he considers inducing sometime around my due date. I absolutely hate being overdue. I shall see tomorrow.

8 Comments:

At 3:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great suprise! Sounds like you have some cash to help pass the time. How fast can you get to Pottery Barn Kids? ! :)

 
At 4:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hopefully you will not go over your due date. That is my biggest fear right now. Because my husband and I just want to see our son so soon. Thanks for your comment and I love your blog. It is really pretty! Well I will keep checking back to see of you have had the baby yet.

 
At 4:21 PM , Blogger Paige said...

It is always a good day when the government gives you more than what you thought! Be sure and blog right away after you have the babe so we all can oohhh and ahhh!

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

I am having a really hard time not calling you nasty names right now b/c HELLO 3 times what you expected! Why does Canada always look better and better to me?
Really though, I'm sure with the new baby girl coming, that money is much needed so YAY for you!
Can't wait to read YOUR doc update!

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

I am having a really hard time not calling you nasty names right now b/c HELLO 3 times what you expected! Why does Canada always look better and better to me?
Really though, I'm sure with the new baby girl coming, that money is much needed so YAY for you!
Can't wait to read YOUR doc update!

 
At 8:20 PM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

It's nice to get those tax dollars back. Mine goes right back to the government to pay for my student loan!

These last few weeks really seem to drag, hopefully she will be here soon, but it means I'll lose on the poll!

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger AnnaBana said...

Wow. So basically, you just won the Canadian Lottery? :) NICE!

 
At 7:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you!!!!!
Go luck at the OB today! Let us know how it goes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home