My family of 5

Saturday, March 18, 2006

I finally did something productive. I actually packed the baby's diaper bag yesterday, of course with a little help from my youngest daughter. She also picked out a little outfit for her new sister too. She was so excited to buy something for the baby, she picked some hooded towels, and some washcloths. Of course it just dawned on me yesterday that we didn't have any of that stuff in our house so now we have a few things. My hubby picked up a bag of the smallest diapers too yesterday, partly to be ready and the other part for the girls to use on their dolls. I had been promising them since Christmas that I'd buy some diapers for their cabbage patch kids dolls. Well I had to laugh at the size, I couldn't get over how tiny they are. They actually fit the doll. I mean, you'd swear I have never had a baby before, but I don't remember them being that small. hehe.

On a different note, we were going to get a swing today since there is one that I liked on sale. Then about 20 minutes ago I got a call from a distant cousin that I had given my old crib too, when she had her twins (3 yrs ago). Anyway, she explained that it was far too beat up to give back so she was going to buy me a new one. I told her how I'd already bought one and don't worry about it, because when I gave it to her I never expected it back. We had thought that E was our last child. Needless to say, she was determined to get me something because it was such a help to them at the time, so she's ordering me a new swing for my baby along with a bouncy chair! I am so surprised, and what great timing too!

So now I think we are totally prepared for little miss to come. I just have to get my butt in gear and get my bag packed. Hubby told me he absolutely refuses to pack something together for me this time, like he had to the last few times. LOL.


5 Comments:

At 11:29 AM , Blogger Chastity said...

What a nice gesture of your cousin. People get so generous when babies are involved.

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

what happened the last few times with you and the bag lol?

 
At 4:50 PM , Blogger Emmakirst said...

I just can't bring myself to get that damn bag packd. I don't know why, but I feel like it'll be sitting there for an eternity before I'll need to take it anywhere. LOL!

 
At 8:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really getting excited for you!!!

I'm so glad your cousin is helping you out like that- how awesome!

 
At 5:47 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

You are one step ahead of me. Not only have I not packed my bag but I haven't packed the baby's bag either. I'm so bad.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home