My family of 5

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

37 Week Checkup......

Yah that was a complete and total waste of my time. I got there for my appointment and there wasn't one other soul in the office waiting, he took me right in. When I was in there he did the usual, weighed me, listened to heartbeat, B/P, and measured me. I gave him my pee and he didn't even do anything with it. I'm sure he'll find that later in the day and wonder who the hell it belongs to. Anyway, when he finished the only thing he said to me was, "carry on", "keep doing what you are doing". This guy was replacing my OB while he was away. Now I know that they don't entertain you or do anything spectacular ever at any visit, but I had no internal, no check, no GBS screen done, NOTTA NOTHING!

I think I may be pregnant forever.

So after that completely uneventful waste of my time, I went shopping. As any other annoyed woman would do. AND, I actually packed my bag. I am not sure what the hell for, because I am sure I'll be a whopping 12 days overdue. I'll beat my record!

Is it obvious that I am bitter today? Oh well, I hope this mood passes quickly.

7 Comments:

At 8:26 PM , Blogger AnnaBana said...

It's okay to have those bitter days! Maybe think on the bright side, at least you and the baby are both healthy!!

 
At 9:32 PM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I told my doctor that I would never see a replacement doctor due to a horrific experience while pregnant with my son. I've also specified no men in the delivery room as I am apparently very paranoid and obviously have man issues.

 
At 9:38 PM , Blogger Karen said...

That's frustrating. Yeah, at least you & baby are healthy, but no one knows when she'll arrive! Maybe late, maybe not. Good for you for packing your bag! I'm not sure when I'll do that.

 
At 10:16 PM , Blogger Paige said...

Hang in there sweetie-- thanks for your comfort and support. did you ever have any miscarriages if I can ask?

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger Chastity said...

Well, if you do stay pregnant forever, then you won't have to worry about that whole "I'm never going to be pregnant again" thing.

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger Paige said...

Hey thanks for the comments. Sorry to ask i am just trying to find some solace in all of this....changed my blog a little and am ready to move on. Still not supposed to work today ( not until Monday!) but I am a little. How are you feeling?

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm right there with you on the "being pregnant forever" thing...whoever made the world believe that pregnancy lasts nine months? By my calculations 40 weeks divided by 4 weeks a month sure as heck equals 10 months.

Ah, well, the babies will come out when they're ready. Then we'll remember how much easier it was to take care of them in our bellies!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home