My family of 5

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

12 Days Old

I still can't get over how fast the time is going now that baby is here. I mean, I sat here counting days upon days for her arrival and bam now that she's here it's flying. She's 2 weeks old on Thursday, before I know it she'll be walking and talking. Oh how I wish they would stay small just a little bit longer than they do :)

The public health nurse did a home visit today. She weighed baby and I can't believe it, she weighs 8lbs 2oz. She gained nearly a pound since last Monday when she was 7lbs 3oz. She's growing like a bad weed. All of her tiny sleepers actually fit her now and some are getting too small! Baby also has a dr. appt tomorrow.

My crohn's is in another flare up, but OB and GI told me to expect it to get muchhhh worse after I had baby because all the hormones are all out of whack. I don't want to take anything more than my asacol since I am nursing. Hopefully I'll have a "good" day soon. It's the severe cramping that's really getting to me now :(

Well must go finish watching American Idol and America's Next Top Model.

8 Comments:

At 1:44 AM , Blogger Chastity said...

It is crazy how fast they gain weight! Mine is still tiny, but she's been gaining over an ounce a day. I'll be glad when my baby finally gets into those 0-3 month sizes so she'll actually have something to wear!

 
At 12:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just *crazy* how quickly time goes by!!! I'm at 12 weeks along already, and how is that possible? Your little girl is so cute.

 
At 2:56 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Uh-oh, at least you knew the Chron's would get worse, but that's not what you need when taking care of a newborn (and 3 others)! I hope it gets better for you real fast.

 
At 5:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, they do grow way too fast! IU sure hope you're feeling better soon! :-)

 
At 11:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

wow, a pound already? that's awesome! I can't wait to see how much Baby Girl's grown next week!

 
At 1:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Crohns I have a friend with it - so I understand what you're going through. Isn't it shocking how quickly babies grow? Just this morning (which was actually a few minutes ago since it's 06h37am right now) I was looking at my 8th old little guy on my hubby's lap - and holy guacamole there was a LITTLE BOY sitting on his lap instead of a BABY!!! I was like, "HEY!? WHERE DID MY BABY BOY GO???!!!" It's exciting and terrifying at the same time!

 
At 1:53 AM , Blogger Denise said...

SARAH'S BABIES NAME IS ALYSSA ANN OR ANNE I AM NOT SURE.

 
At 3:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! they do grow so fast, and time flies when they are actually here. I love every age, but I wish they would stay small longer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home