My family of 5

Saturday, April 15, 2006

9 Days Old


Baby is already 9 days old. Where the heck is the time going?? I guess between constant feedings, diaper changes, napping when I can (that's rare), homework battles with my older 2 children, dishes and giving extra attention to my little E, that sums up where the time is going.

I never imagined how busy I would be, but who am I kidding I do have 4 children now! I must say though, it's no different than 3. It's just adjusting to having a new baby around that's the part I have to get used to. I'm starting to get used to baby's schedule now, the time when she is most alert is from 8am to 12pm. She's pretty much wide awake and "socializes" at this time. Then she'll pretty much nurse off and on till about 5pm when she'll settle down until about 8-9pm. Then has me up at midnight and again at 2-3am then again at 5am. So yah, I don't sleep anymore. Since I can't "sleep when baby sleeps" in the day.

I found out that baby loves her vibrating chair~! It's about the only thing that gets her off of me so I can resume some normal household chores.

I have to note that the baby blues are starting to let up. I don't find I am as weepy as I was when I first came home. Just watching home videos of baby moving in my belly made be cry! So there is hope! I never experienced the blues after I had my other 2 girls, however I ended up with PPD after I had my son. That lasted for a few months, actually I ended up pregnant with my little E when he was only 8 months old because I was getting sick from the med he put me on and ended up vomiting up my pill.

Aside from the chaos in my life, hubby has returned to work and is working a night shift tonight, so that means I have to be the bunny! I just hope the kids go to bed early enough that I can manage to get things done for them, because I am soooo used to falling asleep ASAP when baby goes down after I feed her at 9pm. Hope everyone has a Happy Easter!


6 Comments:

At 8:35 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

I just put together today our bouncer set for Wiggles... Hope she likes it a lot like yours does hehehe... but have a great Easter... and hope it is restful too...

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

My baby is a still a little too small for her vibrating seat, but I'm eager to try it out in a few weeks. I'm glad to hear that taking care of one extra isn't putting you out too much. Nine days already...where does the time go??

 
At 7:45 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

You must be superwoman, honestly. I find taking care of 1 kid hard enough! The bouncer was a life saver those first few months! Beautiful baby, I bet your other kids just adore her.

 
At 11:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw your comment on my blog, and came by for a visit. Thanks for the comment by the way, and congrats on your new baby. She is a cutie. Wow 4 kids now, that is great.

 
At 11:47 AM , Blogger Betsy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:48 AM , Blogger betsy said...

What a cutie pie! I think thats the same bouncer we got too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home