My family of 5

Monday, April 24, 2006

Yesterday I went to a baby shower for my hubby's cousin who is 18 and is 8 1/2 months pregnant with her first baby. She had a huge turnout of people and got over 1000 dollars not including all the gifts, swing, car seat, etc. That was so nice that she received all of this since she didn't have a thing for her baby, but she'll be more than prepared now :)

I have resorted to using a soother. I am sick of being the human soother for baby. She has been nursing more often, only to fall asleep at times too. It's very tiring so I finally found a soother that she'll take. And she knows when she'll accept the soother and when that's just not good enough for her she'll have a mad fit and spit it out. It's pretty funny that a person so small has such an individual personality already.

My oldest daughter's birthday is on Thursday. She's going to be 10 yrs old. I can't believe that I'm a mom of a 10 year old, let alone have 4 children. For her party she wants me to take her and a friend out to the movies, so this will be my first time out of the house without baby. She'll be home with her dad so I'll have to "pump up" and get ready for the outing. hehe.

Sunday, I was daring enough to venture out to church will all 4 children and my father in law. The older children were great they are very well behaved when they go to church, but little miss here decided it was mommy soother time and that the plastic one just wasn't going to cut it. Thank god there was only about 10 minutes left that I could rock her and comfort her until we got out to the car. I just don't really like nursing in public, I mean I have done it before and am very discreet about it, but it's just not for me.

Anyway, that's about all I have for now, I'm pretty tired, still so sleep deprived. Hubby is working his 3rd night shift in a row. Can't wait to have him here to help out with baby tomorrow night :)

4 Comments:

At 1:49 AM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I grew up very opposed to soothers (dummies, we call them) but when my first was 3 weeks old and after doing nothing but using me as her own personal one even my mother (the most anti-dummy person you could ever meet) said "Get that child a dummy!" So we did and didn't get rid of the bloody thing until she was gone 3. Liam refused to take one and Saoirse loves hers (which they gave her in the hospital.) She said dummy before she said mummy, sadly.

 
At 11:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've had fun catching up on your blogs, she is just tooo cute.

I'm with the others...there's only so long that I can have my baby latched on.

When we first got home from the hospital, I returned all the "soothers" we had bought, thinking, 'I don't want him to have nipple confusion' - lol.

Only about two weeks later, I was back at the store, picking one up. It helps for those time when its just me and baby in the car, and of course there's no way my nipple is going to reach the backseat.

 
At 12:12 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

From another country here, what is a soother? A pacifier? I'm guessing maybe that is what y'all call it? Funny.
I took my two kids to church this past Sunday and was nervous about it. I can't imagine taking four! Eventually though, I probably will have to. Glad everything went well.
Have fun at the movies with your 10 yr. old!

 
At 3:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I can't believe I am the mother of a 2 year old, let alone a 10 year old! Happy Birthday to your daughter.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home