My family of 5

Sunday, November 05, 2006

7 months already!

The baby is 7 months old tomorrow. Where the hell is time going??? I'll be back to work in only 2 more months. That's SOOOo soon, it'll be here before I know it. Anyway, my baby has been quite active the last week, crawling up a storm, into EVERYTHING and pulling herself up on the entertainment center AND in her crib. Just lowered the mattress today. Too dangerous now. She also is FULL of a cold. I'm not sure if it's teething combined with a cold, but she's miserable. The other kids all have a cold too. Anyway, last night she woke up with a fever around 3am. It was up around 102.5. Lovely. Of course this baby won't take medicine so the hunt was on for suppositories, found one, it worked, now I need to get more!

Must tell you about her "near death" experience yesterday. I was doing the dishes, (my kitchen is combined with my living room, it's the whole open concept thing going on) anyway, i was there, she was in the living room, barely a few steps from me. I noticed she was quiet all of a sudden, I look down and see her choking on a flippin' DORITO chip. My other daughter was into her Halloween treats and was eating chips and dropped one and of course the baby saw it and bolted for it. I had to scoop it out of her mouth and all this time she had the death grip on the remaining chip! She still tried to eat the damn thing after I got it out of her mouth! I can laugh now, knowing she's ok, but holy crap, I forgot how much they can get into! Anyway, must go now, she's sooking and she's miserable.

4 Comments:

At 9:12 PM , Blogger Whitney said...

I know exactly how you feel with the almost choking thing. Good lord, they can scare the crap out of you!

 
At 10:30 PM , Blogger Karen said...

I can always count on your blog to tell me what I have to look forward to in a few weeks. :)

 
At 1:12 AM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

Sooking...you really can tell you're from the East Coast! Scary incident with the dorito, I had a similar one with a dime.

 
At 2:31 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

I have been so anal about Silly girl picking her shit up b/c I'm so scared Silly Boy is going to get a hold of something. I never had to worry about that with Silly Girl b/c she was the only one. Well, not with Silly Boy.
I was just thinking the other day that it would probably be safe to go ahead and lower Silly Boy's crib. He got up on his knees the other day and was doing the whole rocking thing so I know he's going to take off at any given moment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home