My family of 5

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Just wondering what you's think

I have to ask the big blogosphere a question. Of course it relates to my SIL that's my major dilemma at the moment. Here goes.

What normal 30 yr old woman asks a 10yr old this question, when the 30yr old is feuding with the 10 yr olds mom(aka me)

her: When's your mom having another baby?

My kid: Ummm, she can't, she had her tubes tied.

her: Yah and her friend had her tubes tied and had another baby (said very sarcastically)

Like really that's not a topic of conversation to have with a 10yr old kid! She's nuts. Or am I nuts?? Also she was "bragging" about things she's buying her 8 yr old. Like a big ballet bar for her room with a huge mirror to practice with, also that amazing bunk bed that my daughter has always wanted. I mean, I could care less if the 8 yr old kid was going on about all those things, but the 30 yr old mom! that's too juvenile for me. UGH!

9 Comments:

At 11:54 AM , Blogger Paige said...

um that is very inappropriate of her, I think it is time you sit down with her before she says somethng even worse to your kids( I dont like confrontation either). BUT something has to be done, you can't go on like this forever. She needs to be put in her place.

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger Emmakirst said...

I know, jeez, hubby thinks I'm totally overreacting. But hell that's not normal talk with a child. I think she's totally trying to get to me through her! I know I need to confront her but I'm afraid it just may not be a civilized conversation. I was going to email her *since no profane language and possible yelling* would be involved. I think I'll have to bite the bullet soon.

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger Heather Noel said...

I agree it is very inappropriate, and really none of her business. She really needs to grow up. I hate that you have to confront someone so childish. But I really hope it works out for you.

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

No offense, but your SIL is obviously very immature and probably doesn't even GET that it's inappropriate.

 
At 8:52 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

She is totally out of place... I think you need to just have it out with her... and then MOVE lol... but, to make your daughter feel bad is just wrong on so many levels... she really needs to grow up... I think you can't worry if it is going to be civilized or not... just pray for the right words to come to you... and if all else fails... kick her and run away lol...

 
At 10:35 PM , Blogger Emmakirst said...

Thank God, I really thought I was out of place with some of my thoughts. That's why I had to post this. At least I am not alone.

That's the whole thing with her, it's been 7 yrs of this nonsense of totally not acceptable crap that she thinks nothing of that's been going on. Just hope I don't cause a huge rukus (sp??) when it comes out. Thanks guys, i appreciate the comments.

 
At 11:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sister-in-law has issues. Don't feed into them. She's so obviously jealous of you.

 
At 3:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally not appropriate. What a nutjob!

That is SO not a conversation to have with a kid. I'm so sory you have to deal with her!

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

That woman will never grow up. I'm telling you, she is totally jealous of you. That is the only thing that can explain her behavior. The bragging at least.
As for the talking about another baby and tubes being tied, well, that is inappropriate and uncalled for. She's looney.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home