My family of 5

Friday, September 22, 2006

Kids say some of the funniest things. I had to post what my 5 yr old daughter said to me on our drive in to town this evening.

Every year there is a Terry Fox run at the school the end of September and the kids have to collect money for cancer research. Anyway, the teachers give a little blurb about his cause and what he did this for. This being E's first year in school she was very excited to tell me all about what she had learned in school today.

E: Mom, you know what? We have to collect money for cancer. To help ya know, for cancer. (she has speech problems, so she's not correctly pronouncing half of these words.
Me: Oh yah, that's good, we'll have to collect money from your nan and poppy.
E: yah it's for ummm, Mr. Wolf.
Me: you mean Terry Fox.
E: Yah, dat's it. Terry Fox.

LOL. I think it's totally a "you had to be there" thing, but I crack up everytime I think of her saying that. She was close, Mr. Wolf, Terry Fox. hehehe. What a cute kid.

6 Comments:

At 11:47 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

So cute! When I was little, my cousins had a dog named Muffin, but I couldn't remember that and always called the thing Biscuit.

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger Susan in va said...

Thanks for the laugh - that is absolutely hilarious!! I could read about the funny things that kids say ALL DAY. TOO CUTE :)

 
At 11:02 AM , Blogger Tonya said...

That is too cute and I would have laughed my head off as well.. she was close.. gotta give her that!! :)

 
At 1:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie patootie - too bad you didn't have a voice clip of it!!!

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

That is cute. Hey, you knew who she was talking about and that's all that matters.

 
At 3:40 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Kids are hilarious. :)

Cute new layout, too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home