My family of 5

Saturday, September 09, 2006

The shit hit the fan, and more questions answered

So the big blowout around inlawville happened over the past weekend. I was avoiding her phone calls since I have call display, and it took her over a week to get the hint that I don't want anything to do with her. What person does that?? Anyway, she figured it out (duh!!). I know this because, she called the mother in law crying her eyes out asking her why I won't talk to her and am mad at her. I could have actually bet money that she would do that, because she's gotta make sure that I look like the bad person, not her.

Anyway, the resentment towards her stems back 7 yrs. I'm just sick of her, like I said to hubby, you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family. She's not a nice person, like for instance, at new yrs there was a party and she was all drunk, making fun of me because of my crohn's. Like that's something I can control. Just all the little digs time after time, have got to end, not to mention I am a permanent freaking babysitter for her, that's now over and done with too!~ It's actually kind of crazy that it's driving her that silly that I don't bow down to her and adore her. I'm standing up for myself and that's it. No more kissing her ass, I'm done with it. Wish it hadn't had to come to this, but it had to stop, for my own friggen sanity. I don't need someone like that constantly trying to belittle me.

On to better things, I got the baby's pictures yesterday, now I have to find my darn disk to install my scanner so I can put them on the computer.

Monday is the first day of school around here too. I can't believe all the kids, well except baby, will be in school. What am I going to do with my time then! I mean, I am up at 6am housework and all that stuff is done by like 9am. I think I'll start baking, haha, I'll blow up for sure if I start that! Oh the weight loss is going well, I'm down almost 15lbs. Now only 12lbs to go! I sure hope I can do it and keep it off, that's the problem, I don't find it to bad to get it off, it's once it's gone.

So on to more answers

Melissa asked:

If you could be/do anything in the world (as a profession), what would it be?

I think if I could do anything, I would be a L&D nurse. I absolutely love working there. It's such a rewarding place to work, I'll say MOST of the time it is wonderful and overall a happy place to work, but I've had my share of moments you never want to have happen to anyone occur. But I really would love to work there, problem is around here, you need a minimum of a year working in that area to get a position there. Unfortunately, I can't get the experience I need to be eligible for a position. Maybe someday in the future when the supposed shortage of nurses occurs I'll get to work there, but right now, it's ortho nursing for this chick!

Shannon asked:

why do you live by your in-laws and the rest of the crazy family lol?

Great question, I'm still trying to answer that! Haha, no really. Hubby grew up in the beloved woods and loves it out here. As a present for our wedding his parents gave us land. Anyway, he loves it and won't leave. So there ya have it, I'm stuck out in inlawville with no escape. Cause hubby won't move. :( Maybe I can get him to change his mine ;)

4 Comments:

At 5:36 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

Your sil sounds so completely childish and selfish and I don't blame you for cutting her off. It sucks to have to live so close to her but you really can't pass up free land.
And I've never, ever understood how people require experience to work somewhere b/c how can you get the experience if it's required to have it. You know? At some point you have to start with no experience. Everyone does.

 
At 6:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your SIL. I agree with the above comment, it does seem completely selfish and childish. I dont understand how some people can act that way towards anyone, especially someone who is part of their family. So good for you for taking a stand. Family or not, no one has the right to treat you badly.

 
At 11:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to stand up to her. you don't need that in your life.

 
At 11:16 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

So sorry about the in-law problems! The only reason I live by mine is because H won't leave either! Aaahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home