My family of 5

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

5 Months Today

Wow, hard to believe our little baby has been here for 5 months already. The time sure is flying by though, she's so active these days. She's rolling all around, yelling out all the time and she makes this super funny laugh where she starts yelling first and then chuckles at the end. She's sooo happy and smiling all the time. We are more in love with her everyday :)

I went to pick the baby's pictures up today but of course I forgot the receipt so I couldn't get them out. So I'll have to go back tomorrow to get them. After that I went to the eye doctor and got my eyes checked, finally got a new pair of contacts and glasses. It's about time! I've been looking through these other super scratched lenses for so long, even dirt looks nice and clear and clean now with my new contacts! haha.

Well Big Brother was interesting last night, I am pretty disappointed that Will is gone :( but I have to admit that Janelle made the smart move by getting rid of him. I really think it's going to be Janelle winning the show, she has been the strongest player by far throughout the game. We'll have to see what happens. I guess I'll have to get addicted to the new Survivor that's starting up right after BB.

So on to more answers:

Emma in Canada asked:

Does your husband know you blog and has he read your site?

Hubby knows of a "diary" but doesn't know it's called a blog or anything like that. He's seen me read through other people's blogs, but he's so computer illiterate that he'd never know what it was all about. He may have me fooled but I highly doubt it, he's more interested in the great outdoors than to be on the computer, so I doubt he's read it either. But ya never know I may be wrong.

Silly Hily asked:

How in the hell do you find time to blog so much with 4 kids?

Well, first of all I don't work. That's a big thing for having extra time on my hands. I'm generally up at 6am and I feed the baby and do all that good stuff with her, then it's playtime for her. The other kids are just getting up about 7:30am so then I give them some breakfast and then they are off playing. So I get my housework started, then mosey on into my room and pop on the net. So there's some freetime. Then baby wants to feed again, so since I still nurse her, I can sit here at my pc and feed her and type (that's what I'm doing at this very moment) She's all propped up with my leg and sleeping soundly. The kids usually go outdoors for awhile so I pick here and there at the internet. I'm afraid once they go back to school, I'll have unlimited amounts of time to sit and stare at my pc! Since they'll be gone from 8am to 3pm everyday~!

Do you want anymore kids?

I don't think I do. But with that said, I don't want to do anything permanent just yet. If I wanted anymore, it would only be one so that my baby could have a sibling closer in age to her rather than the 5yr age gap between them. (I think my answer according to what I just typed is yes, if you had asked Will I have more kids, the answer is no)

What is one petty thing that your husband does that gets on your nerves the most?

How he picks at me about things. Like the whole buying the truck thing, he just couldn't wait to see the other car, just had to take my income tax return and get that crappy truck (can you tell I resent the truck) anyway, I suggested that he wait until we sell the car then take that money and buy whatever he wanted. Well, anyone interested in buying a 1995 Saturn??? urgh! haha. This was about 3 months ago and we are no closer to selling that car.

What is the one thing you most like about Canada?

Oh definately our health care system and the whole maternity leave is a bonus! I didn't realize how good we have it until reading other blogs and then I totally realize how fortunate we are to have such an extended amount of time off to care for our children.

What is the one thing you hate most about Canada?

The lack of work in our area is a piss off. The unemployment rate is pretty damn high around here. Basically one of the reasons I chose nursing is that you were basically guarenteed an income with this job. Now I wouldn't have been able to find work with my business degree alone. Overall I can't say there is really much to hate about Canada.

8 Comments:

At 9:01 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

cool questions and answers!! the US needs to get it's butt in gear about time off for kids and such... I think it would make things a whole lot better!!!

 
At 12:33 AM , Blogger Whitney said...

I love the whole answer and question thing! I'm too scared to do it on my site because what if no one really wants to know anything about me??? LOL

 
At 1:25 AM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I probably would have said the mat leave too. Do you ever wonder about living in another part of Canada, say for job opportunities?

 
At 4:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 5 months baby.

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

Good answers. Thanks!

 
At 6:14 PM , Blogger AnnaBana said...

Now I'm going to have to look up what mat leave is in Canada...

 
At 12:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes a year off for maternity leave is a blessing, not to mention the free health care.
You should move to the Greater Toronto Area. Definitely tons of jobs here!!!

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger alissa said...

About Canada - ditto the mat leave comments. The weather in the East is horrific (east being Toronto, not Newfoundland) - freezing in the winters, humid in the summers, and only 3 days of autumn. Architecture is ugly and uninspired. People are very pleasant, friendly, clean and neat. Would give anything to move to the west coast (Vancouver or Victoria) if the housing market prices weren't so outrageous. So very, very beautiful out there...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home