My family of 5

Thursday, October 05, 2006

I have a question, Why do I always set myself up for disappointment?

I'll explain. About 2 months ago, a friend of mine who works in pediatrics was talking to her unit manager about how I would be willing to do casual work in ped or NICU. The manager told her how I should definately call her and she'd try and work something out. Well I called, left a message and was somewhat excited about the possibility of working there. Anyway, a few weeks passed by, I never did get a call. I got over it, but it would have been somewhere I'd like to work.

Anyway, about 3 weeks ago, a public health nurse that I know called me telling me how her manager was desparate for casual RNs and told this to them during a meeting. She thought of me and called me and told me to give him a call. I did, left a message and never got a call. What the hell??? I am going to drop off a resume tomorrow. Then I will have done all I can do for that job.

Finally, Monday, I got a call from the unit manager for OBS/LDR. I was shocked to hear from them. It's the job I have always wanted. Anyway, he tells me, well the lack of experience will probably hold you back from this job. DAMMIT. I was all hyped and now let down. So close, but not close enough. :( Like how do you get experience, if you haven't worked there, but you can't work there without experience. Never ending circle. Oh well, gotta get over it.

9 Comments:

At 8:54 PM , Blogger Becci said...

sorry to hear that :(

 
At 10:27 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time with the work situation. I hope you're able to find something you enjoy!

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

The "experience" thing kills me b/c you can't get it unless someone lets you.

 
At 11:01 AM , Blogger Paige said...

Looking jobs after college was horrible! I hate the experience thing too. Hope you have a better day!

 
At 11:26 AM , Blogger Karen said...

Oh, the frustration. I'm sorry, I think most of us have been there, but it doesn't make it any better. Good luck...

 
At 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always thought the same thing - how the heck can you get experience if no one will hire you to get the experience??? I guess you keep plugging away, and climbing the ladder. :( Or just keep bugging them and phoning and taking extra little courses!

 
At 7:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heyyyy!!
My new blog address is:

http://cameorole.wordpress.com

 
At 4:38 PM , Blogger SongBird said...

I always hated the experience thing too. I mean, experience has to begin somewhere otherwise no one would have a job.

 
At 8:51 PM , Blogger Anth said...

"Like how do you get experience, if you haven't worked there, but you can't work there without experience."

This is something I have wondered for a long time. Unfortunately, I still don't have the answer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home