My family of 5

Monday, September 25, 2006

My 5 yr old daughter got a referral to speech therapy today. Duh took them long enough. Funny thing, all the immdiate children in this family, have speech problems. My oldest daughter had none, but she has a different father. We'll see how the baby's speech is when she's older.

Hubby and I are seriously thinking about moving out west for a few years to try and get some loans paid off. I would go for a few months on my own, but with the baby being so young, she'd never know who I was when I came home and it'd break my heart. So I just can't leave them. And of course I would miss the crap out of the other kids too, like who would drive me crazy all day long?? lol. I emailed one company and they are willing to re-locate and a sign on bonus, etc. We'll certainly have to do more searching and what not before any decisions are made, but I think it'd be the best for now, since hubby really wants to build a house in the near future. I just think if our loans were paid down somewhat we'd be able to live more comfortably rather than from pay to pay. Blah, sometimes I miss being a kid. At least I never had to think about this then!

9 Comments:

At 8:45 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Very tough decision about moving. But I can think of another perk--has to do with a certain neighbor/relative of yours who you would prefer not to see on a daily basis. :)

 
At 10:05 PM , Blogger Lisanne said...

When you say "out west," where exactly do you mean? Or do you have an idea yet? Good luck with your decision. Lucas was referred to speech therapy, too. How much does your daughter talk? I've been trying to work with Luke on his speech. He communicates *so* well without words.

 
At 8:07 AM , Blogger Emmakirst said...

We're not quite sure where about just yet, but Karen, you definately see the positive side that I do too! hehe.

My daugther talks NONSTOP! she just doesn't pronounce words right. Lets see, really=reawee. You'd definately have to hear it, but she drops sounds. When she said, Mr. Wolf it sounded like Mista Woof. My son went to speech therapy for a year and it did wonders for him. He was 4 at the time.

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger Paige said...

Such Big decisions and I too wish I was kid, let's say when the bills come due. Glad that your daughter got a referral, and since it worked so well for your son should be great for her too. Hope you are all well and evil SIL stays away.

 
At 1:24 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

Ever day that I get older, I wish more and more that I was a kid again. No worries. No real ones anyway.

I had to have speech therapy when I was little. Couldn't pronounce my R's.

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

You should come to Alberta! They are crying for nurses here.

 
At 6:20 PM , Blogger Susan in va said...

How ironic. I just called a speech therapist for my 5 year old today! I've probably let the problem go on too long. Oh well, better late than never.

 
At 7:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I would love to be a child again....

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger Tonya said...

hell ya @ the fact that there are some people you would not have to see anymore!! but it is a tough decision though.. Im sure you will do what is best for your family. There are so many times I wish I was a kid again.. lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home