My family of 5

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Well as you could see in the pics of my girl I decided to get her ears pierced when she turned 6 months old. My other 2 girls have their ears pierced but I waited until they were over 3 yrs and were old enough to ask for it to be done. They usually cried a bit as I had warned them it would hurt. But I decided to get her ears done now because I was getting a tad bit fed up with people asking what gender even when she was all in pink. Urgh. Anyway, the lady put EMLA cream on her ears and we had to wait an hour. When I went back the lady would pretend shoot the gun close to her so the sound wouldn't startle her when she did do the piercing. Anyway, the only thing the baby didn't like was me holding her head still. She didn't make a sound. I was VERY surprised and she doesn't even bother with them now either. Actually she's never had her had around them yet. They are pretty cute though.

So I did one of my famous blonde moments again, last night.

I was booked to go to work at the nursing home I do the odd shift at. (which I seem to be doing more of these days) Anyway, the shift is from 12am to 8am. So I get there after a 15 min drive at like 11:55pm. I was late too. So I go to get report from the nurse that is on that level and she's got a cup of tea and sitting down, well it occurred to me then that "hey dummy you aren't supposed to be here tonight, more like tomorrow night". How stupid was I??. When they post the shift, it's posted for Oct. 11 but we come out at 12am, so it's basically Oct.12 not the 11th. That just shows how long it's been since I've done a night shift there because I totally forgot!~ It wasn't a total flop, I got a quick rundown of what you do on that level and then headed home. I was awake with the baby anyway prior to going in. Just the gas that I burned that was the only loss.

What else to blog about, my son, the sickly boy threw up in my van on Thanksgiving day. AND IT STILL REEKS in my van. I cleaned it 3 times now and can't get that raunchy ass stink out of my vehicle. Nasty. After that he had a rash on his belly, they actually looked like hives, and he had the diarrhea. He's all better now, but what a weekend we had. Thank god no other kids got it! BUT my nephew has a "high fever" now so I assume one of my kids are going to pick that up. :( OH the joys of school starting. (the nephew is in the same class and sits next to my daughter, so I think if anyone gets it, it'll be her)

Well, must get babers, she's cranking and it's time for some yummy cereal!

6 Comments:

At 6:46 PM , Blogger Paige said...

ew, puke in a van. sounds horrible.

 
At 11:41 PM , Blogger alissa said...

Too funny - I once did that with a red-eye flight, went to the airport a day early! And I'm not even blonde!

As for the puke - ugh. Emma barfed all over her carseat a few days ago - Jeff's out of town and I can't take the damn thing out to wash it properly because I don't have the Latch system in my truck and am not strong enough to put it back in. Been scrubbing & scrubbing and fabreezing & fabreezing, and still... it reeks.

And the ear piercing is adorable!!!!

 
At 4:00 PM , Blogger Lisanne said...

Oh gosh ~ I didn't even *think* about the whole ear piercing issue! We'll have to deal with that with our daughter! hehe :) I had my ears pierced in fourth grade. My uncle did it ~ he's a jeweler.

 
At 5:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

How fun! Baby got her ears pierced. And LOL about people not knowing she's a girl. Personally, I think people just don't pay attention. They're always calling Landon a girl, even though he's decked out in blue head to toe.

 
At 11:49 AM , Blogger Chastity said...

I didn't even notice the earrings until I went back to look at the picture. She's too cute! How could anyone think she's a boy???? People are stupid.

 
At 11:49 AM , Blogger Chastity said...

Oh, and that showing up to work a day early totally sounds like something I would do.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home