My family of 5

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanks for all the congrats. I'm still in a state of disbelief. I think it'll eventually sink in once I start "feeling" pregnant. So far, I only have the lovely mild cramping and fatigue. Oh how I am tired. I figured that the babies will be about 15 months apart, since my OB will more than likely induce me earlier than my due date, if that's even correct. We'll have to wait for the ultrasound for the definite date but according to all the online ones it's Aug 2. Well we've been through this before, I think it'll be much easier with that age difference than with my 5 yr old now. But all kids are different so we'll see.

I told hubby Monday night. Basically sang the classic Whitesn*ake 80's tune, "here I go again on my own" Of course he thought I was kidding. So I showed him the test, and the fact that I'm a week late, he's starting to believe it. I won't breathe a word of this to the kids till we know all is well and so on. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I mean, I was very upset at the thought of never having another child, but now that it's happening, I can't explain it. I'm scared because of how sick I was with my last pregnancy. I wonder how I'll tell work, LOL> Returning from maternity leave only to go again on leave, that's cute. So right now, I am grateful, because I know how hard some people try to have children.

I must go to sleep now, just finished doing a backshift. The hyper overtired mode is starting to shut down. Take care all :)

14 Comments:

At 11:14 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

I'm glad it went okay telling, H. Hope you continue to feel well!!!

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger Paige said...

I am sure this is a confusing time right now for you.....hang in there and congrats once again!

 
At 11:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! I just started reading your site through Whitney (quipwhit) and I can't believe you're about to have your 5th child!! How do you do it? (not make the child, raise that many!) Congratulations...big families are so much fun!!

 
At 12:09 PM , Blogger Denise said...

GLAD IT WENT WELL. ARENT YOUR 5 AND 6 YEAR OLD PRETTY CLOSE IN AGE??? DENISE

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I hope that you aren't as sick as you were last time, it would be great to be able to build up a lot of hours for your mat leave.

I can totally imagine what you are going through. Sophie was a total shock but today I can't imagine life without her.

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

before our 5th my youngest was 6 yrs. old and I could not even fathom having to go through another baby, but now that Jackson is here I can't wait to go thriugh everything with him - you'll see, you can do it!!!! To be honest...... once your outnumbered it's pretty much the same :)

 
At 3:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just wondering if you send some of your fertility juice this way???

 
At 6:17 PM , Blogger Tonya said...

Get some rest girl and hope you start to feel better real soon. Glad everything went well with telling your hubby!

 
At 10:50 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

That does stink that you'll have to go back to work only for a short time, but you'll do what you've you got to do. They'll probably be surprised, but oh well, it's life. These youngest two babies will be so close; I think that's really special. I can't wait to read all about it...so you mustn't get rid of this blog!

 
At 11:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! AWESOMENESS!!!

Congrats EK!

~Beebop

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger Lisanne said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 5:01 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

Congrats! Congrats! I am so excited for you :)

 
At 5:10 PM , Blogger Anita said...

The best thing you can do is say to your self that this is meant to be I am given another child for a reason and I am going to do the best I can for him or her....

Congrats and one more won't be that much different your a great mom so this child is lucky....

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

I'm glad you aren't feeling too crummy yet. Maybe you'll luck out and this one will be as easy as the last one was difficult. I hope for your case that happens!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home