My family of 5

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

This is just too funny to keep to myself.

My son has great difficulty with school work. I often wonder if he has a learning disability. I figure the teachers would inform me of that potential if it gets to that point. Anyway, I am going to go to parent=teacher night to see if there is any improvement with his school work, etc.

So, here's the funny part. I was on the phone with the father in law and was explaining my woes to him about my son. I said he prints his S's backwards, and most numbers. He'll write his words backwards Ie: GIB for BIG. Then I told him how most of the time that's normal for children until grade 3.

FIL: Well maybe he's got that, you know, maybe he's "anorexic".

ME: AHAHAHAHAA< i think you mean "dyslexic"

FIL: HAHAHAHAHA< yah you knew what i meant.

9 Comments:

At 2:22 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

Too funny. I know he realizes he didn't mean to say anorexic but for good measure and just to make sure he's clear on it, show him a pic of Nicole Richie next time he's over.
Let us know how the meeting goes with the teacher.

 
At 4:09 PM , Blogger liz said...

That's funny from the F-I-L.
I hope the meeting with the teacher will prove informative...but I wouldn't hold your breath easier.
It sounds, from your brief description, that perhaps your suspicions of your son being dyslexic may the case. From experience, the earlier you can start to work with it, the better off he'll be in school and with confidence.
My brother had a learning disability but always made fun of by his teachers and his classmates. It went undiagnosed for YEARS. It's much harder to re-train the brain the older you get.
I hope that doesn't sound preachy...it's meant more out of concern.
Hope the parent-teacher conference goes well and that your son is being supported by his teacher, as well!

 
At 5:26 PM , Blogger Denise said...

OMG TOO FUNNY, THANX FOR THE LAUGH.

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger Denise said...

OH BTW SARAH, I CHANGED MY NAME TO NAILGIRL BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I NORMALLY GO BY ON THE INTERNET. I NO LONGER HAVE A BLOG HERE(NOT THAT ANYONE EVER READ IT). BUT I DO HAVE ONE AT MYSPACE.I AM AT nailgirl24@myspace.com

 
At 9:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha that is way funny!!

 
At 2:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!

Teachers are supposed to recommend testing if they are concerned. I know I did. Hopefully you found out some good info.

 
At 6:31 PM , Blogger Tonya said...

OMG that is too funny.. I would have laughed my head off!

 
At 4:11 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

I am dyslexic... and I do all those things... no one did any testing till I was in high school for it so I didn't get any help for it... but omg when I'm tired it is worse... I will even switch stuff when I'm talking... Jeremy hopes I never get pulled over when I'm tired or they will think i'm a drunk lol... bug the teachers for the testing...

 
At 5:54 PM , Blogger Susan in va said...

HAHAHAHAA!! Wait. Why am I laughing? I make mistakes like that all the time!

My oldest son used to do stuff like that all the time. I remember being worried about "anorexia" (LOL!) too. He eventually stopped doing it. Although, every now and then I'll catch him writing his 3's backwards.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home