My family of 5

Friday, December 01, 2006

I am starting to feel a bit better so I will make a better attempt at a post.

First off, a big congratulations to Jessica . She had a baby girl and I'm sure she's beautiful. Can't wait to see some pics :)

Anyway, I'm going to complain about my current work situation. They have me booked in to work on New Yrs eve and New Yrs nights. The nurse in charge is trying to tell me I "have" to work them both. I'm still off on parental leave and I'm not obligated to work anything at the present time. I had contacted the union representative and she explained I don't have to do either shift and they cannot terminate my position, etc. Actually working both, I'm not going to benefit anything since I'll be paying for a sitter to do one of those shifts. Hubby doesn't want me to do either one of the shifts but I feel bad and think I should at least do one to help them out. We'll see.

So like I posted earlier I am starting to get nauseated, no actual puking just yet, but I'm sure that'll come soon enough. I am however in another flare up of my crohn's. I have a feeling this will be just as rough as last time. I'm on 50mg of pre.dnisone again. I am going to make a Dr. appointment for sometime next week. I think I'm more nervous to tell her than I was to tell hubby! haha.

9 Comments:

At 11:28 AM , Blogger Paige said...

I certainly feel for you, especially with 4 other kids running around! take it easy!

 
At 1:24 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Hope you feel better:)

 
At 3:40 PM , Blogger Lisanne said...

I do NOT miss that crappy, yucky feeling! :( Ugh, I hope that it won't be *too* bad for you ... maybe you'll escape bad sickness this time? I am so excited for you guys. Can't wait to follow your progress. My cousins in WI have *six* kids! hehe :) So you should have two more so that you top them. :D

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger liz said...

Man, I remember that feeling. When I was first pregnant with Henry, I'd just started a brand new job. (I found out I was pregnant the day after I accepted the new job.)...and I'm a puker, too.
Sending you virtual ginger ale and Saltine crackers.
As for the job: f*ck 'em. You don't HAVE to do anything. If you're still on leave, then you're still on leave and any shifts you've been picking up have been a gift. Have yourself a happy new year at home with your hubby and your family. Toast all the wonderful blessings of 2006 and all the blessings to come in 2007.

 
At 8:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im with lizzy on this one...f work! Ring in the new year with the fam!

 
At 9:51 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks for the congrats! Hopefully pictures will come soon.

Hope you don't feel too sick with this pregnancy, I'm certainly not jealous that you're going through that part again.

 
At 11:22 PM , Blogger alissa said...

OH MY GOD!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I've been absent and just read your good news!

Hopefully this will be an easy pregnancy... there's always hope!

 
At 11:41 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

You must feel like you're stuck between a rock and a hard place with the work situation. They can't make you do it, but it might cause tension at work if you don't. Maybe meet them halfway and work one shift? I'm sure it's really hard for you to take it easy at home, but hopefully you can fit in some downtime somewhere.

 
At 6:43 AM , Blogger Tonya said...

Hope you feel better and not worse soon! I can't imagine being preggo with 4 kids already.. *sigh* It would tick me off if they said I HAD to work both of those days.. you do what you want but get some relaxing in there!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home