My family of 5

Saturday, August 04, 2007

I had the follow up appointment to my son's testing.

It shows that he has phonological processing deficits as well as low attention. The man told me that while doing the test E did alright with the easy questions, but once the difficult ones started that's when the attention shut down. It seems that the way to try and deal with this disability is to have him go to a speech-language pathologist to learn the basic phonics of speech. My hubby's brother has the exact same disability. He did alright, graduated from high school, still had a hard time with university and failed, but his desire to do it may not have been too high at that point in his life. So there it is, the boy had a blood test showing a marker for celiac, ironically showed symptoms but his nerves were so damn shot from his inability to do school work! So this school year should be much better for him, he'll be in a normal class but will have his own work, and time to do it, and the man doing the test said that it's a good idea to put him forward a grade because the ciriculum of grade 1 doesn't matter, he has to work on this first to get the school work down.

I had another OB appointment on Wed. The band is still there, he showed me it on the u/s screen, it is amniotic band synd.rome, but a benign form, hasn't touched the baby and the baby is nowhere near it, the band is on the lower left of my uterus and the baby hangs out on the right side away from it. So far it all looks fine, but closely monitoring it, another u/s in 2 weeks.

I'm back on 20mg of prednisone for my crohn's disease, of course had another flare up :( There's really nothing much going on here. I have a wedding to go to today, a friend of hubby's. I have to try and find something nice to wear in my wardrobe, I refuse to buy something. Hope all are well. :)

3 Comments:

At 2:29 PM , Blogger Paige said...

going password protected please email me for access at ooskerdoo@hotmail.com

 
At 7:22 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

Well I hope they find the right way to teach your son... and I hope that your crones will be nice to you for once hehehe... hugs!

 
At 4:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there

I'm Thomas, and my wife is about 19 weeks pregnant with a boy. A doctor just diagnosed us with amniotic band syndrome, but as the baby looks normal he said it's nothing to worry about and to see us in 4 weeks.

After researching online, we are very horrified with the implications on our baby if things go wrong.

How are you doing after this post on the same experience? Did any follow-up scans show up problems?

Please share with us. Write to lokety@gmail.com. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home