My family of 5

Friday, November 16, 2007

Ok, why is this baby feeling the need to make me worry now?
Yesterday and everyday before it, he was active, kicking like crazy, squirming around, now today, he's not doing much of anything. I mean, I can bug him and get a little nudge here and there, there is definately movement, but not the "10 movements" an hour thing. Hubby seems to think that he's asleep, well that's fine but usually a sugar rush gets him active and crazy. UGH, around here you don't call the OB you go into the hospital to get checked out on the monitor. The only one you'd call would be L&D and they'd suggest to go in, so pointless to call because they are required to cover their assess and pretty much say that when any concern arises. Anyone have any thoughts? Has this happened to anyone before? And I do know that movement slows before delivery, but what the hell? Like this is a big difference. Anyway, there I may or may not go in, he better start kicking the crap out of me soon.

*Edited* I decided to have some serious sugar and he finally decided to give me some good kicks, I do the kick count thing and he's certainly over 10/hr so, maybe just slowing down to prepare for delivery? I would have gone in had he didn't start up, I know A did this a week before I had her too, so that's it for now. If I do get concerned enough to go in I'll post.

5 Comments:

At 2:50 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

I'd go in if I were you just to make certain, but I'm paranoid like that.

 
At 4:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that he's probably slowing down and resting in order to gear up for his big appearance. I do remember Meredith slowing down a bit before she was born ~ like, a few days beforehand. Just my experience, though. I'm sure that he's fine. It's so hard not to worry!

 
At 4:35 PM , Blogger Merr said...

Well I am glad he piped up. I am sure he is fine. Just tight in there and looking for a way out. Maybe getting in a little extra sleep before he enters the world.

 
At 6:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My baby has been slowing down, too. I have been going through the exact same thing, wondering if I should call my midwife. Then, I tell myself to wait a couple more hours, and sure enough, he/she always starts moving!

 
At 10:11 PM , Blogger my4kids said...

I'll bet he is just slowing down before delivery. That could mean he'll be here soon. Maybe before his due date?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home