My family of 5

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Ever Have One of Those Days?



Since I've been off work now for over 2 weeks I decided it was time to finish filing for my unemployment. Here, we have a 2 week waiting period. This is totally foreign territory for me so I figured alright, I'll go online and I'll read all the steps and I'll get her done in about an hr.

Not that simple.
So I go online and I take my stub with my password and figure I'll tell them what they want to know. It has this part where it asks, did you have any earnings during this week in Jan. I was like well no, but I did receive wages, where the heck do I put that. So anyway, I fight with it some more and decide, I better call the toll free number. So I call the lady, and ask her about it and she said, don't but anything just say no. So that's easy enough, then I decided to ask about the whole filing for the 14 best week income. Oh my, never have I been so frustrated. Where I work, my pay is always smoothed, giving me 75 hrs each pay, getting paid bi-weekly. Well nooo, they want each week and hours worked and money earned. So the mission started, I had to go find my planner which was god knows where in this house that looks like a bomb hit it. Finally, I found it after 1 hr of searching. Then I had to go back for the past yr and look at all the weeks and work out how many shifts, how many hrs. blah, blah blah! Then tell them all this.

Anyway, after about 3 hrs of this torture I finally finished it, realizing that maternity leave is only 15wks then I'll bump into parental leave, which is 35 wks, so this fun starts all over again in another 13 wks. UGH!


3 Comments:

At 11:14 AM , Blogger betsy said...

Oh man that is FUN stuff, I so dont look forward to filling out all of the unemployment mumbo jumbo!!!

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Ugggh, well at least you got it done. And be thankful that you get all that time in Canada! Maybe that will make it a little more bearable.

 
At 9:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They certainly don't make it easy! I am currently arguing over mine . . . what a pain.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home