My family of 5

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

WOW!

I just got off the phone with a really good friend of mine. We went through nursing school together and she actually entered when we were in our 3rd year. The program was 4 years altogether. Anyway, we automatically clicked. We have very similar personalites. We'd do all our projects together, cause God knows there were a ton. We had the BEST time at graduation drinking it up, hehe.

This is her 2nd pregnancy and she's 20 weeks along. I was talking to her last night asking her if she was going to ask if she was having a girl or boy. She said was. I was asking her how her visit went last week and she said she was measuring exactly at 20 wks and heartbeat was perfect. So she gives me a call and I said, well is it a boy or girl, she's like GUESS??? I said, boy, she say, TWO! I'm like what the hell??? TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!! She's all like, I can't stop thinking about it, and I'm roaring at her saying, I=ME, I can't stop thinking, and I'm not the one that's pregnant with them. hehe.

She was telling me how at the ultrasound the lady put the wand on and then she saw them. She was like, ok, tell me that's a head and a belly, the lady put up 2 fingers. I would have died. There aren't any twins in her family either. I just can't believe that the doctor had no clue, never suspected a thing! When they were measuring the babiesss, they had to get one in the image anyway, the other little one would creep his head around the corner and get in the pic. How cute! She still doesn't know what the genders are, but she'll find out, the u/s lady said she couldn't get a good view. I just had to post about this, I'm so happy for her.


9 Comments:

At 10:47 PM , Blogger Paige said...

I would just fall over! How lucky she is.....

 
At 11:36 AM , Blogger Tonya said...

Oh that is wonderful!! Twins!! So exciting.. congratulations to your friend :)

 
At 11:53 AM , Blogger betsy said...

That would be quite a damn shocker to find out at 20 weeks, thats for sure!

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger Becci said...

wow! twins would freak me right out with this cervix, but she is very lucky!

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

Holy cow, she's 20 weeks along and just now finding out it's twins??? I knew I was having twins at my first ultrasound...of course just a few days later I lost one of them, but still I just thought you'd have to know earlier than that!

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

People ask me all the time if I knew I was having twins all along. "yes" I tell them "I found out at four weeks pregnant" They told me that one of them might vanish so not to count on having twins. But at my six week u/s there were two heartbeats and they gave us a print out of these little blobs called A and B. Maddy was A and Morgan was B. Anyway, I can't imagine finding out at 20 weeks, especially since my water broke at 24 weeks on Maddy. Tell her congrats from one twin mama to another. If she wants to talk to someone send her my way. I hope all goes perfectly for her :)

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Oh. My. Gosh! How absolutely insane would that be. Best wishes to your friend!

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger suzspeaks said...

Twins will be so fun & challenging & cute! I would be freaking out though, finding out that late!

 
At 1:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - what a shock, and what amazing news! So exciting!

I found your blog by googling mine and my daughters names (I'm Kierstin, my daughter is Emma) - what a coincidence! I think I also saw you over at Sarah's blog...small world, huh?

Congrats on the newest member of your family!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home