My family of 5

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Last night hubby and I went on a "date", but, not without the baby. We've never really gone anywhere lately and needed to get a new babysitter. I've had her watch the older kids twice now and she's in grade 11. It's not that I don't trust her, but the baby is still so small and I don't really like to leave her with my parents let alone someone I've had come over to the house a couple of times.

So anyway, last evening we left around 6pm. We went out for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants and got a beautiful dinner. Prime rib, with garlic mashed potatoes and veggies. I got mine medium and hubby got the same but his was medium rare. (more like bloody, eww). It was great we also got scallops for starters. Oh how I wish I had a chef live in my house to serve me things like that all the time. (then I woke up, hehe). The baby was excellent. She only woke up once and I nursed her while we waited for the supper to come. It was really dark in the restaurant, and people didn't even know there was a baby there until we were leaving with the car seat. haha. People just kept commenting on what an excellent baby that we have to be so quiet and that they never knew she was there.

After our beautiful supper we decided we were going to attempt going to a movie. We went to see Mission Impossible: 3. Now why on earth we'd go see an action movie is beyond me, but anyway away we went. I didn't take the car seat in with me for this adventure, I just took the baby. She slept for about an hour of the movie and woke up to be fed twice while we were there and of course pooped twice too. lol. She didn't make one peep, other than her grunting for her poops. Again, the same comments, saying how good she was, etc. The movie wasn't that great. Well, it was alright for action and all that, but I can't tolerate Tom Cruise these days, ever since his appearance on Oprah and the whole Scientology stuff. So unfortunately, I think I would have enjoyed it more if he weren't the leading actor in it.

We really had a good time. When we came home I fed her, changed her and tucked her in bed. I never went to sleep until about midnight but of course, old faithful woke again at 3am! AHH, I'm suffering for it today. I'm very tired, but it was worth it. Since hubby is home today, I'm sure I'll have a mid-afternoon nap with her.

Speaking of Oprah, did anyone see it yesterday? The dog that was on there was amazing. Poor little thing had deformed front paws and some people found him as it's mom was attempting to smoother him. These people saved the dog and took him home. The dog would drag himself across the floor and the vet recommended that they put the dog down because he'd probably wear the fur away and skin and anyway didn't' think the dog would survive. BUT this dog was amazing, he'd walk on his 2 hind legs. It was crazy! He looked like a person trotting around on stage with the back legs. And when he'd "run" he was hopping along. How cute.

Today is pretty crappy out, pouring like crazy! Even getting the odd thundershower. So I imagine when I'm done doing my wifely duties (ahaha, cooking, cleaning, laundry, baby, kids, blah blah) I'll be online blogging again today.

9 Comments:

At 1:27 PM , Blogger Becci said...

Sounds like fun. David went to see that movie last night, too.

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Paige said...

I was going to blog about the dog on Oprah today! hehe it was amazing though. Will blog later....off to go outside!

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've been thinking of trying to take my baby to the movies too, I would hope she'd sleep the whole time like yours!!

 
At 2:04 PM , Blogger liz said...

Glad to hear that date night went so well for you!The Mistah and I have our very first date since Henry this afternoon.
We have friends coming to stay with Henry while we run off like teenagers to the movies. [[No MI:III for us, I'd sooner chew glass than put more money in that lunatic's pocket.]]

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

How fun, to go on a date! William and I rarely go out together. My mom will keep the girls and William and I plan a date night, but then we end up sleeping instead.

Also I noticed on your links you have SillyHily. She is my cousin. How funny is that. Even blog world is a small world.

 
At 2:35 PM , Blogger DarrellH said...

You're right about goofball Tom Cruise. I just feel sorry for Katie Holmes being married to and having the baby of that guy. I used to think she was cool.

I had to laugh at your "wifely duties" comment. You've got the same sense of humor as Jen does. :)

Thanks for dropping by my blog, too!

-DarrellH

 
At 5:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow ~ you are *brave* to go to the movies with a little baby. I'm *so* glad that she was incredibly good the entire time! We've been wanting to take Lucas to see "Cars," but I bet that he wouldn't pay much attention to it. I thought about going to see "The Davinci Code" this weekend but wasn't sure how Lucas would do in the theater. Glad you had a fun date!

 
At 7:15 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Ohh...the days of having a baby small enough to take to a movie...

We got our first babysitter tonight (besides family), so that hubby and I can go on a date. I know how you feel about not feeling comfortable leaving the babe.

And I TOTALLY agree with you about Tom Cruise. He's just creepy.

 
At 8:10 PM , Blogger Tonya said...

Wow sounds like a great dinner and movie (even if Tom was in it) and the baby being so good like that!! How lucky are you.. I dont blame you for not wanting to leave her though.. I wouldn't either.. lol

I never watch oprah but I wish i had now so I could have seen that dog!! I love amazing animals like that..

Thanks for stopping by my blog.. now that I have the link for yours it is now in favourites so I can check back :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home