My family of 5

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Mud Slide!

I must post about my dumb blond moment I had over the weekend.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but I live in the country, better yet more like the woods. LOL. Anyway, I am surrounded by my inlaws (I know, I know) and down a dirt road we have our own access to our beach. It's kind of a steep road that heads down to the path that we go on to the beach. Anyway, it was nice and sunny and hot over the weekend so I decided I would go check it out and see how it looks after the winter we had. So I pack up the baby and we head off in the van. So down the road I drive. Thinking to myself, jeez the dirt road is looking pretty damp, well by the time it dawns on me, I am down the end of the road. We get out and go down the path to the beach.

Baby loved her time on the beach with me as we walked around. Then it was time to leave.

This is where the title fits in, I was so beyond stuck in mud it wasn't fit. Yeah, I managed to get our mini-van stuck up to the fender in mud! I had no idea what I was going to do next. First, I called hubby on my cell phone and said, "I've done something really bad", hubby says, "you didn't hit my motorbike backing up did you???" My reply, "Of course I didn't, I got stuck up to my eyeballs in mud down at the beach and I have no idea how I'm getting the hell out of here!" Naturally he's relieved and laughs at me for not realizing that this time of the year it's terribly damp from all the rain, duh, and that the ground won't dry up until at least June.

Anyway, I finally reached my father in law, and he came down and got us with his jeep. And we figured that the only way to get out was to get my brother-in-law down with his tractor. *(yah we are real country folk here,LOL).

So after about an hour he managed to get me out, almost burying the tractor too! I didn't witness this, but I was told that he had to dig the scoop in the back to push the tractor out, apparently my little outing to the beach (and subsequent digging out) has made quite a mess of the road. Oops!

5 Comments:

At 9:25 PM , Blogger Becci said...

oops! sounds like something I would do LOL! Glad you got out finally.

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

heehee! It sounds like something I would do too!! And I TOTALLY grew up in the country as well, soooo many of my friends have gotten stuck and used tractors/huge mudding trucks/jeeps etc to get each other out!

 
At 10:25 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

lol that is awesome... that is just tooo funny... but glad ya got out hehehe...

 
At 4:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is very funny>

 
At 6:13 PM , Blogger Lisanne said...

Glad he got it out just fine! That's funny ... I can see myself doing something similar. LOL! :) We live out in the country/woods, too! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home