My family of 5

Monday, May 01, 2006

The last few days, I've actually been wishing I were going off to work instead of my hubby but I know that I'd be dying to be back home in no time.

Shit, this is so much more exhausting than I remembered it being, and it wasn't all that long ago that I had a 4 yr old, 17 month old and a newborn. Must be my age catching up with me. hehe.

Aside from extreme lack of sleep, there isn't one interesting thing happening in my life. I was talking to a friend that graduated from nursing the same time as I did and is now taking her critical care course. I suppose I'm feeling down a bit because it's something I've always wanted to take, to work in ICU or CCU. Anyway, again the timing just isn't right. It'll be offered again next year I'm sure, so hope I get in then.

I'm actually considering doing some courses online while I'm off to start my master's in nursing. I could go at it slow over a few years. It's a thought, but may have to wait awhile.

I rented Fun with Dick and Jane for tonight so I hope I can stay awake long enough to watch it, since it's just me home with the kiddies tonight. Hubby is back doing his nightshifts again.




7 Comments:

At 9:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wish I could go to work instead of stay home too. I just want some adult interaction once in awhile. We saw Fun with Dick and Jane and it was pretty funny.

 
At 11:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

oh my gosh, I can't even imagine going back to work right now, I'm so exhausted! I am completely loving this time home right now, I've NEVER had a chance to just be a wife (and now mom) before!! We loved Dick & Jane, it was so cute :)

 
At 12:04 AM , Blogger Chastity said...

I think it must take a special person to work in ICU, and other areas of nursing. If I were a nurse, I'd have to work in a podiatrist or dermatologist office...I couldn't handle the hard stuff. My grandmotehr is a mental health nurse...oh the stories I've heard.

I love Dick and Jane..hope you can stay awake.

 
At 11:20 AM , Blogger Becci said...

I saw your comment on my blog! Thanks for stopping by. 4 kids! You are very blessed. I always wanted a big family, but now I don't know what is in store for us. Nursing is a wonderful field. If I went to school for that I think I'd want to work in the NICU and save little babies...

 
At 3:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am too tired to go to work. I can't imagine being up half the night and then working. I'm sure your days are just as busy, if not more, than a day at work!

Let us know how you like the movie. I've been wanting to see it. :-)

 
At 10:09 PM , Blogger Denise said...

I CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND HOW WOMEN WORK AND HAVE KIDS. I WORK ALSO BUT I DO DAYCARE FOR THREE SOMETIME FOUR MORE PLUS MY THREE. I WOULD GO NUTS OUT IN THE WORK FIELD. I WOULD HATE NOT HAVING ENOUGH TIME TO DO MY LAUNDRY, OR WATCH MY SOAP AT NAP TIME ETC. NOT TO MENTION FINDING THE TIME TO WORK IN MY PHOTO ALBUMS, AND BABY BOOKS. OH YEAH AND CLEAN LOL DENISE

 
At 11:07 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

Dude, we really are at the same place right now. With the emotions and lack of sleep.
And I had to comment on the comment you left on my blog b/c you said "suck." Bwaa-haa-haaa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home