My family of 5

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Baby Whisperer

When I was pregnant, most of the television shows I would watch would include something to do with pregnancy, or babies, like A baby story or Birth Stories. Anyway, hubby couldn't stand it half the time, he would say stuff like, I'm all babied out, you have to watch something different, I can't take much more of pregnancy related things. hehe.

So much to my surprise, I find him watching Baby Whisperer the other day. Now I thought this was pretty cute because all he watches is stuff like Overhaulin', Pimp my Ride, things like that.
Now he's quoting techniques this nanny uses. Like with the "soother" (pacifier, hehe), she explains to hold it in baby's mouth with your hand placed on baby's face, for the skin to skin contact. I then tell hubby, well no shit sherlock, why do you think she just lays her face against my bare boob half the time just to sleep. I think it's too cute though, he's sincerely trying to get more involved to help out with her. Now I just need to get him to start bathing her. He thinks she's too tiny.lol. Oh well she'll be nice and big in no time.

Oh another thing I wanted to post is to Shannon-she's actually posted twice now wondering what color baby's eyes are. They are a really dark blue. Very pretty, I hope they stay nice and blue. My sons eyes stayed very blue, as well as my oldest daughters. But my 2nd youngest has turned hazel, after their dad.

7 Comments:

At 5:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats funny! I love watching all the baby shows too. I never get sick of them. I haven't watched one in like a year, because we havent had cable, and boy do I miss them.

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

hehehe thanks for the answer... it was just so hard to tell in the photos... and then i would show Jeremy and he would ask too... lol...

 
At 10:59 PM , Blogger Paige said...

Guys are such softies! Too funny. Thanks for pulling for me in the AF department.....not sure what to think but just waiting. It is a possibility that I could be pregnant I guess. I am just very unsure--

 
At 12:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so funny how babies can change men. Mine has even blogged about how he has turned into a pansie. It's so funny to hear him saying "that's so cute" "oh isn't that sweet?"...so much for the babied out stuff eh?

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger AnnaBana said...

How cute! (I totally think most guys really don't mind watching that girlie stuff, they just feel like they have to pretend it does! My hubby LOVES HGTV! Too funny!)

Just saw the picture of how your little one sleeps, with her arms all stretched out. That is so adorable!

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks so much for the congrats & for stopping by!

 
At 3:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bubby likes to sleep with a dummy (pacifier) and then one of those towelling nappies (ya know the old fashioned nappies - that are basically a small white square towel?) holding it like a blankie with the top corner against his cheek and clutching the rest in his hands it's too cute.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home