My family of 5

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Today I went in for my 6 week post-partum checkup. Got the good ol' pap done, everything looks good down below, according to my Dr. LOL. Anyway, asked about what to use for birth control since I can't take the pill and she recommended the Nuvaring. I have no idea how to put up a link other than to put http://www.nuvaring.com So she gave me a sample and told me I could start it today. It's a little bigger than I thought it would be, but hey look what just came out. HAHA. So far so good, a little strange to leave this thing in there for 3 weeks, but hey I'm willing to give it a try. The one downfall of this is that it may decrease my milk supply. I feel like at times that I don't have enough for the baby, so I have to keep an eye on that. If I don't like it, I'm going to book an appointment to get my tubes tied.

We finally bought our gazebo for the deck today. I just have to get it all set up. It's so pretty, it's got a leaf pattern on the iron sides. I'll definitely take a pic of it once I get it set up. Hopefully by this weekend. So then I can go outdoors with the baby without her getting a billion bug bites.

I got out of watching my nephew tomorrow, the father in law is doing it. I just couldn't do it, I had enough of him this week. I'll take E to playgroup and then hang out at my mom's house with them so that hubby can get some sleep before he ventures off into another night shift.

Well must go and try and get baby settled down for the night. Yah her 4 hour stretch from now until 3am. I swear I could set a clock by her, old faithful gets up every night between 3am - 3:30am. Then loves to be cuddled for the rest of the night. Well last night she was up a little earlier, we had our first thunderstorm and that woke her up and I think she was scared of the loud bangs so I cuddled her and she fell off to sleep in no time. Take care all.

11 Comments:

At 11:45 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

My doc office has a poster of that thing in the bathroom... i see it every time i have to take that stupid pee test... anyways... I don't know if I could stick something up me like that lol... but then again I can't go on BC because it will make my PCOS worse... oh the joy lol...

 
At 12:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey good job getting out of babysitting. Sometimes i don't want to watch my nieces because they drive me crazy, so I just lie.

 
At 9:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got out of watching your nephew!!! And glad your check-up went well! :-)

 
At 10:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Nuvaring - I'll have to look into that. When Dr. asked what birth control I was considering, I actually burst out laughing. Uh, yeah, for now, my birth control is the 9 pound baby sleeping between me and my husband.

Glad to hear you got off the hook for baby-sitting.

 
At 12:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean by setting a clock, the bubby had his feeds four hourly without fail at 6am 10am 2pm 6pm, 10pm and 2am...

 
At 12:40 PM , Blogger Paige said...

Good to hear things went well and that you are getting used to the ring. The beauty of BC is there are so many options if you are not satisfied with one you can always choose another.....(the pill, the patch, the ring, the shot, IUD etc)

Glad you got out of babysitting your nephew...and cant wait to see the gazebo!

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger Silly Hily said...

Glad you got out of watching the crazy kid. You don't need that stress. You have enough to deal with on your own.
My little boy has pretty much the same sleep patter only he's an hour earlier. Goes down around 10:00 and is up around 2:00. I'm really hoping those four hours extend to five soon.

 
At 5:43 PM , Blogger liz said...

my OB gave me a progesterone-only pill, and it won't effect milk supply.
however, i've heard from 2 friends that it's somewhat "less effective" than a 'regular' pill...both of those friends have surprise second kids...

 
At 7:27 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

So it's like the pill except it isn't taken orally. I wonder why it's OK for you to use if the pill isn't.

I'm so glad you got out of watching the nephew. You don't need to be dealing with other people's kids right now, especially if he's bratty.

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Emmakirst said...

Well basically I can't use the pill because of malabsorption due to my crohn's. This is absorbed through the cervix not through the bloodstream. Neat eh?

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger Whitney said...

I use the Nuvaring! I love it. It's so no-hassle which is perfect for me. But I didn't breastfeed so it might be a pain if it decreases your milk supply. The best part? I was told that since it wasn't orally ingested you're not hungry all the time and won't gain a ton of weight!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home