My family of 5

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Good Day!

So my girls and I had a great day today.

Every time hubby comes off a night shift when I know he has to go back in for another one the same night, I'll take the girls and go for the day so that he can get some much needed rest to tackle yet another 12 hr night shift, since I sooo know how you need to be well rested to make it through those long nights.

Anyway, I got the girls ready and we were out of the house at 9am. I took them to a playgroup. This morning was so much fun though. There were 4 other moms with new babies there, ages 5 months, 6 months and 7 months and another with 2 yr old twin boys. We all sat around on a big playmat with the babies and were able to have some much needed adult interaction.

I did discover that my little E is quite dependent on me when we go to a new place without her cousin or brother with her. So I am thinking that I should take her to places without them there, so that she can learn to play with other kids, since she'll be starting school in September. The funniest thing was after we left I took them to my mother's house and E was telling my dad that she was shy. I thought it was so cute how she knows how to correctly use the term. hehe.

So after we went to my mom's house we went out to subway for some lunch. We had a lovely "date". We got a footlong to share and E ate a whole 6" roasted chicken sub. How funny that a tiny girl like her ate all that.

After we left there it was time to head to the mall to get some babywipes, because of course I ran out and when all baby does is poop, they were definitely needed. I also got a new prescription for my guts, I hope this works.

Once we came home baby was just beat from her outing all day and had some cuddle time with mom, and we kicked dad out of bed so we could have a little nap.

7 Comments:

At 12:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a fun girls' day. That's so cute about E telling her granddad that she's shy. Too funny.

I love nap time with the baby...so relaxing.

Have a good weekend.

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger Becci said...

Sounds like fun!

Ok and you just made me crave the roasted chicken sub! I always get it with the sweet onion sauce....

 
At 1:42 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

I'm glad to hear all the baby does is poop...hehe..it makes me feel better. I'd heard that after the first few weeks breastfed babies often go several days w/out pooping, but we haven't been so lucky.

 
At 2:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day. I wish I could get out to have some much needed adult interaction. Come Friday night I'm ready to play with our friends, while Sum is tired and just wants to stay home. We usually end up playing though!

 
At 4:00 PM , Blogger Karen said...

How sweet! I'm glad you enjoy your kids so much and are able to get out once in a while. I still think you're brave though! :)

 
At 7:15 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

ahhh that sounds like fun... and E is just too cute for words!

 
At 10:09 PM , Blogger Becci said...

OK LOL after that craving you gave me... the friend that brought me lunch asked if I wanted anything in particular.... guess what I had????

MMMMMM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home