My family of 5

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Well, I just had the scariest experience ever! My son, the BOY, was out playing with my nephew. (remember past posts about hyperactive soul) Anyway, I've mentioned this before where we live is in the country and we are surrounded by family so you can generally let them drive their bikes and know they are safe because every house around here is the in laws.

So the sister in law comes down to pick her son up. I said, they are out riding their bikes they were going up your place and around their grandmothers. We all live so close to each other I could practically crawl to the other houses, so it's not a big area we are talking about here.

Well we start yelling for them to come home, no answer. I'm like oook, they usually answer, so yelling again, nothing. I have the baby and she's like I'll go down his aunts house and grandmom's maybe they went down there. Now they know that is a little further away but they shouldn't go there without asking. So she drives down, and no boys found. She comes back to the house all in a panic, saying she can't find them anywhere. Well my heart nearly stopped. I started calling the inlaw's houses because maybe they were inside. So I called his grandmom, and i'm like do you have any idea where ethan is?? Then she's like, he was around here about 20 minutes ago but i didn't see which way he went.

Then the pond down in the woods came in my mind. I'm like, OMG, maybe they thought they would go down there, I dont' know why they'd try without an adult, they totally know, they aren't allowed down there, but I figured I should check since they weren't answering us. All I could picture in my head were the 2 boys laying face down in the water, ohh what an awful feeling. I left the baby with sis in law and rann like the wind (super unathletic here) and yelling their names the whole time. The pond is about a 15 minute hike in the woods too. So after running for what felt like an eternity (all sexy in my pj's and wife beater, boobs just flinging everywhere) I see my hubby's cousin who's like 21 come around the corner. I was yelling, are the boys with you and he's like yah. I'm like omg, boys, you are sooooo dead! Oh it was like Christmas to see them. But boy did that cousin and the boys get spoken to.

So my son is grounded again. He's not very impressed.

My hubby's uncle and aunt came to the house and announced that they are expecting (she's been trying for 6 yrs) anyway we were all excited and happy. I'm so excited for them, she's due in December the 21st.


10 Comments:

At 10:45 PM , Blogger suzspeaks said...

I've been seeing your name on other blog's I vist so I thought I'd stop by...

What a scary day. I'm so glad that all is well. I hope he learns his lesson!!

Have a great day!

 
At 11:44 PM , Blogger Paige said...

"boobs a flinging everwhere" Ha Ha! that makes me laugh, so sorry for the awful pit in your stomach feeling, I hate those and what an awful image to think when you couldn't find them! ack! gives me the chills.

 
At 12:34 AM , Blogger Chastity said...

That would be soooo scary!!

I'm so happy for your husband's aunt and uncle!

 
At 1:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would've freaked me out too!

 
At 12:25 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

Sorry they gave you a scare. I am glad everything turned out well!

We keep losing our dog like that. We live on a farm and there is a lot of room to roam and somehow my dog keeps slipping out when my husband goes in and out and then like 30 minutes later I say "Where's Jenny" and then we run outside in our pjs and flip flops and start yelling and searching. I am freaking out thinking she's gone down to the road and gotten run over. It is a terrible feeling. I can't even imagine how much worse it would be over my child. Jen is just a dog :)

Anyway, so glad it all turned out all right :)

 
At 12:50 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

i'm surprised that he is still alive after scaring you like that... boys... they are so bad at times yet then can be so sweet... I hope the rest of your weekend is relaxing...

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Tonya said...

OMG I would have been horrified myself.. I always get those bad visions in my head picturing something bad happening. I laughed my head off at the boobs flinging eveywhere though.. too funny! Glad you finally found them and they were alright.. and Congrats to your DH aunt and uncle :)

 
At 12:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG that is so scary. I had an experience like that a few weeks ago. We were at a BBQ in someones back yard. Well someone told me that there was a gate on the side of the yard so the kids couldn't get out. So I trusted this. Well after a few minutes i went to check on my 2 year old, and he was gone. I freaked out. We were in some neighborhood I didn't even know, and all I could think was scary thoughts. Well luckily he went around to the other side of the yard and found his mama. All night I kept thinking of what could have gone wrong, and being grateful it didn't. Now I will never trust a new back yard until I inspect it myself.

 
At 1:28 AM , Blogger betsy said...

What a horrible feeling that must have been running through the woods, Im glad everything is ok!

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

I just wanted to stop by and say hello! I am really glad the boys were alright. I can't imagine how heart dropping scary that must have been.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home