My family of 5

Monday, May 22, 2006

How well do you know me...

This is one of those getting to know you quizzes (is that a word??, just doesn't look right to me LOL) Anyway, I got it from Tonya's Blog. Ok I've so been meaning to ask this question because I have no clue how to do this, but when I insert a link, how do I get the name to come up so that it's like the url attached to it. Hopefully others will play along so we can check it out.

Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Waitress at a pizza place in Ontario (i was 16 at the time, job lasted for like 2 weeks, ahaha, that's when I moved back home)
2. Personal Care Worker (I worked at a small option home after I finished my first year of training in nursing school. I basically took care of 3 people for 12 hrs a day, cooking, cleaning etc. It was a relaxing environment, but pay sucked)
3. Registered Nurse (that's the current one, and will be for the rest of my days working, of course right now I'm off on maternity leave!)
4. I don't have a 4th to list, I was a professional student. I blogged before about how I did 2 degrees. I had my first daughter at age 17 then went off to local university and started my BBA, then decided after my 3rd child, VOILA i'll be a nurse then started my BScN, finished my BBA then finished the nursing degree. See, professional student, with a pile of student loan debt.

Movies I would watch over & over:
1. Pretty Woman (i so wanted to be her when i was younger, LOL)
2. Rock Star (I love Mark Wahlberg, hehe. awesome movie, cause i LOVE the 80's)
3. Shrek & Shrek 2 (they are so cute, AND there is a 3rd Shrek coming out next yr, yippee!)
4. Beaches (I cry EVERYTIME the headstone comes up, LIKE as if i don't know it's coming!!)

Places I have lived:
1. Kingston, Ontario (Canada)
2. Cape Breton, Nova Scotia (Canada)
3. -
4. -

Four tv shows I love to watch:
1. Grey's Anatomy
2. Desparate Housewives (Did you see the finale last night??? Will Mike live??)
3. America's Next Top Model
4. Deal or No Deal (right now that's what i enjoy watching)

Four places I have been on vacation:
1. Ontario to visit family
2. Moncton to visit family and that encompasses my big list of vacationing (i haven't)
3. -
4. -

Four websites I visit daily:
1. My blog list ( I check em out daily, when it's a rainy, yucky day and hubby is at work, i do it more than once)
2. My email.
3. Pregnancy Today's Message Board. (I joined that site first when I started messaging while i was pregnant, that's actually how i found other blogs and created one in january)
4. The weather network, (i suck, i wish for no rain)

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Manicotti
2. Anything pasta, i love italian food
3. I love chocolate, but can't really have it (sugar makes me worse with my crohn's)
4. Pizza

Four places I would Rather be right now:
1. I'd love to vacation somewhere nice and warm and sunny!
2. Shopping, (but I'd have to have a ton of money)
3. At a great italian restaurant, because I hate to cook and am hungry
4. Sleeping soundly knowing I'll get an uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep for the night.

Four songs that make me cry: (Don't make me cry but I love the following)
1. Gone Going, black eyed peas with Jack Johnson (dont really love it but it's good)
2. Here I am (INXS new song, LOVE it)
3. Wisemen (James Blunt, I like all his songs actually)
4. And some classic 80's tunes!!!

7 Comments:

At 9:24 PM , Blogger Sasha@Pw said...

It was nice to read that. I feel like I got you know you a little better. I would do that on my blog, but I wonder how many people would care! Ha! I always think that people wouldn't want to know.
I believe everyone has had a first job like that. Something very short and disruptive to break you into the working world!

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

Oooohhhh.. . I love James Blunt. And INXS.

It is very easy to link, though it took me months to discover how. You type the word you want linked (Tonya's blog for instance) and then highlight it. There's a little green thing up there- up with the link for pictures- that sort of looks like a frog. Click on that and a box for the url pops up and you enter it there. Easy as pie really.

Oh, and I'm very jealous that you live in Cape Breton I would love to visit there.
I haven't watched Desperate Housewives yet but I am very intrigued by what happened to Mike. I am watching it tonight as we had the hockey game on last night.

 
At 12:12 AM , Blogger Chastity said...

First of all, I got really into America's Next Top Model this season about half way through. I thought I would throw something straight through my TV if Jade won. Danielle was by far my favorite; I was soooo happy she won.

Secondly, I feel so bad for you that you haven't been anywhere on vacation. Never vacationed outside Canada??? Not even to Florida??

 
At 12:35 AM , Blogger suzspeaks said...

What a great list!!!

 
At 7:49 AM , Blogger Emmakirst said...

Never ever further than Ontario! I SUCK! Maybe when the kids are older we'll plan a trip to florida or something, but since the baby was just born, we'll be putting those plans off for quite some time. We need to build a house next. :)

 
At 9:13 AM , Blogger Tonya said...

Great list :) We watch deal or no deal everyday to although it wasn't on my list.. We have quite a few things in common ;) Emma explained the linking thing great :) Glad you participated!!

 
At 12:46 PM , Blogger Isabel said...

Always fun to read. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home