My family of 5

Friday, December 08, 2006

Well, went to the Dr. today. All is fine with me, she's going to send me for an u/s to find out exactly the due date, so that should be within the next couple of weeks.

Also, my son had bloodwork done last week, turns out the boy has c.eliac disease. Now we have an answer to most of his problems, this is most likely the cause of his learning troubles, obvious weight problems and so on. She's also testing me for it too, I could be the really lucky person to have croh.ns'/coliti.s, with ce.liac disease all wrapped in one. The odds are low, hell why couldn't I win the lottery??LOL. Oh well things could be worse. He's being referred to a pediatrician and dietician now. I'm just happy we know what has been causing all his sickness.

Basically with ce.liac disease, he has an allergy to gl.uten which is commonly found in wheat, grains, etc. To get relief from his symptoms, he has to follow a strict diet, if you "cheat" it's basically back to square one. It's getting easier to find products that are gl.uten free, so that's a relief. Poor bugger, as long as I can remember he's always been the "sickly" one. I had often said to hubby, if anyone will end up sick like me it'll be him. She's also testing him for ref.lux too with an Uppe.r G.I. series test next month. Here's a link if you're interested in knowing all of it http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/956622658.html Just copy and paste.

The mornings are the hardest for me, right now I'm drinking ginger ale and eating crackers hoping to not puke. :( I get frequent headaches and have been losing weight. Oh I hope I feel better soon. Anyway, gotta go make breakfast, and hopefully not lose mine as I'm doing it ;)

6 Comments:

At 8:33 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

wow what is that... lore isn't letting play with the puter lol...

 
At 11:57 PM , Blogger alissa said...

Ohhh... I'd say more if only I knew what celiac disease was... Fortunately, however, you seem more relieved to have an answer than concerned with the diagnosis. So that's a good thing...

 
At 12:04 AM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

My neighbour just rode across Canada in support of celiac disease, which he has. He manages very well with a strict diet.

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I'm so sorry about your son, but I'm glad you've found out what's wrong so you can help him out.

Hope you get to feeling better soon, too!

 
At 1:54 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

The celiac disease diet is extremely strict. My husband has irritable bowel syndome, and for a while his doctor thought he had celiac disease. While we were waiting on testing, he ate a gluten free diet. It was really hard. We found out he didn't have it on the day Lila was born. The good thing is that now you know how to make your boy feel better. Alternative grocery stores, the kind that sell mostly organic stuff, usually have a gluten free section. Also, at restaurants, they can tell you (or should be able to) which items are gluten free.

 
At 12:21 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

My son is also on a gluten free diet, but for a different health reason - it is hard when there kids and around the stuff constantly at school ...... but your right it could be worse - I'm sure the diey will make a world of difference:) My husband has crohn's but thankfully his is in remmision. I know it has to be hard on you to be pregnant as well -> I hope you get out of the nausea stage fast, hope you feel better soon!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home