My family of 5

Thursday, February 22, 2007

URGHHHHHHHH!

That urgh, stands for totally unhappy with my freakin' headcold. My sinuses are completely stuffed up and I can't taste, smell or enjoy food. LOL. Not much of a bad thing I'll say, but ya know what I mean.

My boy went for his gastroscope yesterday. I did the whole signing of the consent form and had to listen to the pediatrician's blurb of it. I particularly cringed when he mentioned "perforated bowel" as a possible complication. Moreso, since I have heard of this happening to someone around this area just months earlier, and died. So naturally, I'm going to worry, who the hell wouldn't? The anesthetist is hilarious, his specialty is with children, so he gained my son's trust easily. The whole procedure was maybe 30 min. The Dr.s told me he did fine, all went well and that the bowel looks good. He did a biopsy and the results should be in within 2-3 wks. So that's when I'll know if we change his diet or not. I did realize this, my son is one cranky kid when he wakes up from anesthetic. He had tubes in his ears 3 yrs ago and the same thing, shaking his fists, and telling me he's mad at us. Anyway, after 30 min of that he was back to himself. Also when he had sedative for his teeth (had caps, and crowns put in 2 yrs ago) again, total bear!

So my excitement for the night is GREY'S ANATOMY!!!!!!!! I can't freakin' wait!~ I hope I am not disappointed by this episode. Truly there is nothing worse than when you go to watch a show and then you are all hyped for it, only to be let down.

I see the resposes to the previous list. Isn't it funny how we assume the "worst" one of all is ourselves. Well i know I certainly assumed that from 2 other lists and surprisingly it wasn't mine mentioned when the truth was revealed. I'll let ya's all know who's who in the next post, but #15 is a blog named JenH (not jenhen) that I started reading a 1 1/2 yrs ago, before I started my blog. I was soooo interested in reading her journey through TTC to difficutly with infertility to her 2 children. It was such a great blog, but since she's had her 2nd child, it's just not as great as it was. Hence the reason it now bores me. I will probably always check in to see her boys, as it's more out of habit I believe to check it.

8 Comments:

At 12:43 PM , Blogger Whitney said...

I also can't wait for Grey's, but since my dvr is screwed up I'm going to have to watch it online and not when it airs. The final episode ever of "The OC" airs tonight and I just cannot, will not, forsake Seth Cohen. (Yes, I realize this is pathetic but I'm in love. I also realize I'm entirely too old to love this show but once again, I don't care.) Anyways, can't wait to see what happens with Meredith!

 
At 12:48 PM , Blogger Denise said...

Cant wait for Greys! I will have to record it though since the result show dor American idol is on.

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Claudia said...

I'm glad to see (read) that your son made it through the procedure in good spirits (ha ha).

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger Merr said...

I am dying to see Grey too! It better be good.

 
At 5:40 PM , Blogger Karen said...

I can't wait either! Though I can think of worse things than being disappointed by a show. :)

I'm glad the boy made it through everything fine. We'll hope for the best results.

 
At 12:27 PM , Blogger my4kids said...

Good luck with those test results I hope everything turns out like well. My son had one about a year ago so I understand the cringing at the part with the complications being intestinal obstruction that is really scary.

 
At 4:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOL... I have been away a few days, but I just read the previous post! Proudly number 14 ;) I am seriously addicted to blogging now... I will let Livi cry for a bit in order to finish reading a blog ;( Everyone needs a little me time... or me reading others blogs time!

 
At 2:08 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Whew! on #15. LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home