My family of 5

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Nothing much new going on in my life.
Nausea is pretty much gone, that or the diclectin I take every night before bed keeps it away. I'm just going to keep taking the pills for a bit, I hate being sick so that keeps me feeling well.

I am starting to pop. Hubby noticed it last night, he's like, wow, you are starting to get bigger. I was really hoping that I'd stay my same size for at least another 5 weeks. LOL. I can still fit in my jeans and everything, but they are getting too tight to comfortably fit now.

I have a major TMI question. About 2 yrs ago I went for my yearly pap test and was told that I had the beginning of a uterine prolapse. This was a resident who told me and no other Dr was there to confirm. Since then I had the baby and during that pap, my Dr. said nothing about it. Even 2 weeks ago when I saw my OB he never mentioned anything, but now my cervix feels low. I so don't remember this from my last pregnancy, but lately it feels like something is just going to "fall out" down "there". If you know what I mean. I am getting a little worried because my job I'm pretty much standing and lifting for 12 hrs a day! If there is a worry, this isn't exactly what I need to be doing right now. I don't see my Dr again until the 16th. I am a constant worrier, especially from last time. I just don't want to lose this baby.

Anyway, I have nothing else much to post about. Hope all are well.

Edited:
I of course Dr. googled this phenomenon that I am currently worried about and it says that you can indeed have a successful pregnancy with a prolapse, I would think it would be the most mild, if at all, since I don't even have a confirmation of anything. All it says is that the uterus will move up over the pelvis when the uterus gets too big to stay in the pelvis, that's when it is better. I don't know, maybe the heavy feeling is the growing uterus, I'm confused and will see him soon.

9 Comments:

At 11:33 AM , Blogger liz said...

So glad you continue to feel well. I also despise feeling sick to my stomach. And I'm a puker--I'd much rather vomit than feel queasy.
I don't know much/anything about uterine prolapse--I'd suggest discussing it at your next appointment. Mention what the resident told you several years ago and also the sensations you described.
I don't blame you for feeling worried, especially following a recent miscarriage. I would definitely discuss this with your doctor the next time you see her. If you feel especially concerned, why not give the doc a call prior to the appointment? It's what they get paid for, right?

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I'd definitely ask my doctor about that one. A prolapsed uterus would not be a pleasant experience. And definitely not pretty.

 
At 5:43 PM , Blogger my4kids said...

I would agree to check with your ob dr about it but it seems to me if there was anything the dr noticed she would have mentioned it?

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger Tonya said...

glad you are feeling alright :)

You think you worry alot? I am a serious worry wart and when you explained how you were feeling it made me feel sick to my stomach because that is exactly how I felt not long before Randie came. I did not have uterine prolapse however.. at least not that I know of.. she came early due to PROM.

I don't say that to worry you by all means.. I have never had any other pregnancy so I have nothing to compare it to so everyone probably feels similar to that anyway :)

 
At 7:19 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

my mom has that... got it from giving birth to me when I should of been a c-section... I came out butt first... and had a completely normal pregnancy with my sister... a lot of women now have a c-section and while they are in there they fix the problem... so I would bring this up with the OBGYN...

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Emmakirst said...

OH thank you shannon for telling me this, just a little easier for me to relax. Hey hopefully I'll have a section and get a tubal all at once :)

 
At 1:17 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

I have a confirmed prolapsed uterus and have had 2 healthy pregnancies. Don't worry -- things will be fine. Glad you are feeling well.

 
At 7:05 PM , Blogger Josefina said...

I don't know exactly what does prolapsed uterus means, but I too think that your doctor would've noticed if something was wrong...
Anyway, it won't hurt you to call your doctor and ask him/her about your worries!!!
Good luck!! Anyway, you're very close to the end of the first trimester, that's very good news!!

 
At 12:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad the doc said not to worry and that the pregnancy will be okay. Maybe you'll get to go on disability once your uterus gets bigger and you can't stand for as long and THEN go on mat leave :)

The bladder lift is almost a minimally invasive procedure in the OR (you'd still need a week off) so if you do need a little lift after the baby, not to worry.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home