My family of 5

Monday, May 07, 2007

I worked a backshift last night and there was a patient that had to have an abdominal tap. So we called the internist on call and he came up to do the procedure, and brought along an ultrasound machine.

You can guess all to well where this is going, a unit with 5 female nurses, of course we're going to go looking for the baby with the u/s machine!~

So in the backroom we go, after about 2 minutes of searching I found my baby. And my how he's grown. You could see the bones in the head with the eye sockets and even the profile when he moved over, and no I didn't see if it's a he, I'm just assuming now with comparing to my other pregnancies. I saw the baby kick at one time and think I may have actually felt it at the same time, I'm sure it was wishful thinking on my part. Anyway, heartrate is around 140's. It was just so cool, if I had my way I would have kept the machine on our floor and had a look later in the night. So there's still a live little one in there :)

14 Comments:

At 9:04 AM , Blogger alissa said...

Eeeee!!! How exciting!!! (And how cool that you're a nurse and can actually just DO these kinds of things!)

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger David said...

That is awesome that you're able to do those kinds of things! I bet it also gave you some reassurance that everything's ok.

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger Amber said...

I'm glad you could take a sneak peek (literally!! hee hee) and see your little baby. You must have had a smile on your face all night!!

 
At 10:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so awesome! I am so jealous! I took a kid down to ultrasound on Friday, and I wanted so bad to hop on the table after he was done!!

 
At 2:52 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

That is so great! I am glad that you were able to get a little preview to settle your mind!

 
At 3:27 PM , Blogger Emma in Canada said...

That's fantastic!

 
At 3:31 PM , Blogger Tonya said...

oh that is sooo exciting :) Glad you got to have a look!! Can't wait to see some U/S pics when you get them :)

 
At 4:09 PM , Blogger Merr said...

Oh how fun. That is great that "He" is growing so well. I think it is a boy too!

 
At 4:23 PM , Blogger my4kids said...

Oh that is so great! Nothing like the ultrasound to set your mind at ease...I loved having ultrasounds.

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger Denise said...

Aww Thats great!!

 
At 9:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how cool is that??
:O)

 
At 11:45 PM , Blogger Mrs G said...

That is SO cool - I want one, I want one!

 
At 11:50 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

That would be the best thing ever! I'd LOVE to have free access to a U/S machine during pregnancy.

 
At 12:24 PM , Blogger Becci said...

YAY for seeing baby!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home