My family of 5

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Yesterday was our 8 yr anniversary, hard to believe that I've been pregnant for half of my marriage. He had to work and I stayed home, didn't do anything at all. After hubby came home from work the kids were out playing in the yard, at around 8pm his brother came running over to our house, in a panic and told him to come right to his house, there's something wrong, he couldn't even say what was going on, instantly I thought someone was dead, or dying. Hell it was a scare of a lifetime that's for sure, because I knew the kids were close to his house. Turns out that sometime during the day, since no one was home the upstairs toilet cracked and the house was flooded. I mean, flooded. The roof in the kitchen was caving in, there was about 2 feet of water on the first floor not to mention the basement. The smoke alarm was ringing the wiring was fucked, needless to say, it was quite surreal. The walls are ruined in the basement, all need replacing, the cupboards in the kitchen need replacing, the hardwood, carpet you name it, is all destroyed. It's expected to at least be a month before it's fixed. This is where we're supposed to live while we build our house. LOL. I'm sure it'll be fixed by Oct. haha, if not, well then I have no choice to rent an apartment.

I had posted last year about my hubby's grandmom that was diagnosed with lung cancer, she's pretty much actively dying now. She's basically non-reponsive, getting pain meds regularly to help with her breathing, that's why his mother wasn't home, otherwise the water would have been turned off shortly after it was found. I feel awful for her, what timing for this shit to happen though.

7 Comments:

At 10:19 PM , Blogger Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

Well that's not a good anniversary.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope she is not in pain too much.

 
At 8:49 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, what an anniversary! I'm sorry you didn't get to do anything special. I cna't believe about the house, that's crazy!

 
At 12:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the flooding and the grandmother....but for what it's worth, happy anniversary!

 
At 9:02 PM , Blogger Liz said...

oh my! what a crap anniversary. that flooding sounds caaahrayzee.
when i was reading this, i totally thought that hubs brother was dragging you to a surprise anniversary party. but... bah.

 
At 8:01 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

oh my goodness... so sorry about the house and your grandmother... both are in my prayers... and maybe you all can get a nice night out later for your anniversary...

 
At 9:44 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Didn't realize we had the same anniversary. Happy late one to you guys.

Sorry about the flooding, that's crazy.

Your kids are too cute though. Do you ever hear that your little one looks like Shiloh whatshername?

 
At 2:09 AM , Blogger Chastity said...

Wow, that is truly terrible! So sorry that coincided w/ your anniversary.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home