My family of 5

Monday, January 07, 2008

I am 100% addicted to my children's Wii. Yah, I admit it, I play with it more than they do, awful I know. We actually went out and bought the Twilight Princess game for it yesterday, and are now hooked. Seriously, will I ever grow up, I'll be 30 in the summer and I feel like I did when I was 10 getting a nintendo for Christmas. Ha!

For Monday weigh in, I am now at 133.5. Woo hoo, fat gut is getting smaller, I can fit a bit better into my jeans. I am determined, partly because I'm too damn poor to buy bigger clothes when I have perfectly fine ones in my dresser.

Potty training for Ava is just not going anywhere, the child knows when she's gotta go, but I take her in and she just stares at it and maybe sits on the potty a few times, more like gets on, gets off, closes lid, repeats it all over again. Anyone else having success?

7 Comments:

At 9:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't really attempted with Maya just yet. We have the potty, and if you ask her where her potty is, she goes into the bathroom and points to it, saying "Potty!!"

So when I notice she is pooping, I tell her how we should poop on the potty. I am not sure if she actually makes that connection yet, yah know?

But in the next month or two I am hoping that it clicks. My Mom has gone on and on about how I was potty trained before I was 20 months old. So was Todd, so I am hoping that Maya will be trained before she is 10. LOL

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Becca said...

We haven't really start the potty training yet either. We got her a potty for Christmas, and she loves to take it apart and throw things in it, but each time I actually get her on it, she sort of looks down at herself, then looks at me, and then gets up and runs. She will tell us when she goes in her diaper, but I think going in the actual potty may be a ways off. I'm actually not too worried about it right now, but I know it's not too far off of the horizon.

 
At 1:20 PM , Blogger Sara said...

You are probably losing weight from "exercising" with the Wii...it can make you SWEAT!!!

 
At 1:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Amelia hates the potty :( She was doing well at first, now shouts, "NO!" in a horrified squeal anytime I talk about it, put her on it, etc. UGH.

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I let my hubby get a Wii last year, we have a ton of fun with it too... he says there is a game called Wii fitness coming out soon, I plan to get it.

As for potty training, we are just "talking" with Livi about it, she'll sit on it with her cloths on too. She is just starting to get uncomfortable with having a dirty diaper, so I think its a good time to start getting aquainted, although I really don't expect much for a few months yet. Taylor shows no interest at all. I think he needs to walk first anyway.

 
At 11:50 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

awesome work ont he weight... and I'm not looking forward to potty training...

 
At 2:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

We're having major problems on the potty training front, too. Preschools require it for the 3 year olds...but my almost 3 year old screams at the sight of one. Oy vey.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home